- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in any of the following: Security Architecture, Compliance Frameworks, Security Operations, or DevSecOps
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience
Do you like helping government and education customers architect systems and solve technical problems? Do you have a knack for helping customers to build a deep understanding of new cloud platforms and new application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch cloud computing projects on trajectories to success? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform?
As a Public Sector Specialist Security Specialist Solution Architect within Amazon Web Services public sector business development, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS's utility computing services within public sector organizations, as well as the larger public sector partner ecosystem, the growth and training of which will be one of your main objectives. You would be a member of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud security technologies to bear on the difficult IT problems facing national, regional, and local governments, as well as educational institutions and NGOs.
As a part of the business development and sales team within the larger Worldwide Public Sector organization based near Washington DC, you will help remove security blockers and accelerate the adoption of AWS as the leading cloud technology platform in the public sector worldwide. You will participate in the creation and sharing of security best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelize and educate partners and customers about AWS security capabilities and technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos, or conferences).
Candidates have a mix of communication, presentation and technical skills, and will have the ability to engage with customers at different levels in the organization, from executive to developer. Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required, provided you have experience building large scale solutions. You will get the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers within AWS service teams influencing their roadmaps and driving innovation, as well as with customers and partners.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work with AWS customers to convey cloud computing security, compliance, and risk management best practices
- Work with other teams within AWS to drive workload adoption
- Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying secure and compliant cloud-based solutions
- Provide mentorship across AWS sales and solutions architecture teams regarding security and compliance to build skills in the field
- Support go-to-market planning for security services
- Represent AWS security services and solutions at trade events by delivering presentations and workshops
- Be the customers trusted advisor, helping them learn and use AWS security services such as Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM), Amazon GuardDuty, AWS Security Hub, Amazon Macie, AWS Key Management System, AWS CloudHSM, AWS Organizations, AWS Artifact, AWS WAF, and others
- Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in securely building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Experience designing, building, or operating large scale IT security systems - either on premises or in the cloud
- Working knowledge of cloud native security architectures and best practices
- In-depth working knowledge in technology domain such as data protection, threat detection, edge security, and compliance
- Experience working in a customer-facing role or a role which involved public speaking
- AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate, Security Speciality or Professional) or other industry certification (e.g. CISSP, CCSP, etc.)
- A background working in a regulated industry such as financial services, healthcare or defense
- Managing a certification or accreditation (PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, C5, etc.)
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups
AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
- Fluent English written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for technology and for learning
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
San Francisco, CA:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles, CA:
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.