- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field plus five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty as equivalent
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of software development professionals within a distributed systems environment.
AWS Kumo Vista is tasked to build next generation of external facing customer advisory product to provide insights and recommendations for customer’s AWS infrastructure. This is a multi-year project with vision to help customers mitigate the critical risks for their workloads, improve security, optimize their AWS infrastructure, reduce overall costs, and achieve their business outcomes. Along with the new product offering to our customers, we are also revamping the current Trusted Advisor product/console and adding more components and impactful features to delight our AWS Customer.
As a Software Development Manager you will:
Prioritize being a really great people manager. Building, motivating, rewarding and coaching a diverse team of Software Development Engineers is the most important part of this role. You will lead a team of engineers in our Seattle/Virginia/Vancouver, Canada offices. You will recruit and retain top talent and excel in day-to-day people and performance management tasks.
Keep your technical skills current to contribute to architecture and design discussions. Lead your team to evolve our service architecture with quality, robustness and Amazon sized scale as top priorities. You will regularly take part in deep-dive troubleshooting exercises and drive technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues.
Set a vision for your team and create product roadmaps. Help your team sort out technical and product requirements and priorities. Use project management skills to deliver product roadmap items and other cross-team projects.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Extreme/Agile Project Management, Scrum); and directly managing engineering staff and making hiring and promotion decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but are necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
“Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us”.