- 5+ years of experience managing a team of software development professionals
- Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent technical education and work experience.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Private Pricing Platform team provides our sellers and partners with a deal management and analysis platform that enables and accelerates private pricing deals with our most important customers and partners. Our business is constantly evolving and we build software that drives that evolution. We are looking for a hands-on manager with experience developing and delivering software to lead our team as we build the next iteration of our system - a complete deal lifecycle management system. Come join a team at the beginning of a product life cycle and help define the way AWS does business with it’s key customers.
You’ll own complex systems that support AWS deal management. You and your team of software developers will design, build and maintain the systems in partnership with internal customers and product managers. You’ll be responsible for working across business and technical teams to understand the problem space.
In this role, you will
- Manage your team’s roadmap and delivery: You’ll create a technical roadmap to build simple solutions for a broad set of related problems. You’ll build mechanisms and balance long term commitments with small fixes to regularly release big and small features. You’ll manage your team’s day-to-day development activities using an agile development process.
- Hire and develop: You’ll hire new engineers, mentor engineers and provide career guidance and growth. You’ll define and influence the team’s culture.
- Work cross-functionally: You’ll work with product managers, program managers and teams across the AWS Sales organization to understand the business we support and build features that are meaningful to our customers.
- Drive technical decisions: You will oversee your team’s design, implementation and testing, by providing feedback and establishing standards. You’ll ensure they are efficiently delivering high quality software that is extensible and meets all requirements.
- Support your software operationally: You’ll be accountable for your team’s operational excellence and security posture. You’ll participate in weekly operational reviews at all level.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Inclusion and Diveristy:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of software development manager experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
- A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Experience building and managing service-oriented distributed systems
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.