- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years experience developing a complex software product
- 3+ years experience in software engineering management
Want to change the world with Big Data and Analytics? Come join Amazon Web services (AWS) as a Software Development Manager in Elastic MapReduce (EMR) Engineering team!
Amazon EMR is an AWS service which enables customers to run massive clusters with distributed big data frameworks like Apache Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, HBase and more, with the ability to effortlessly scale up and down as needed. We run large number of customer clusters, enabling processing on vast datasets.
We are developing innovative new features including the next-generation cluster management system, real-time processing for big data and intuitive ways of interacting with data. If you want to lead a team of smart engineers to solve hard problems in distributed systems to build highly scalable solutions in a wide variety of domains, come join our group.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead engineering teams to translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Deliver systems and features with top-notch quality, on time
- Own the software development process end-to-end, including: working with engineers and product managers to develop requirements; designing, architecting, planning, implementing, and testing new systems and features; deploying, and operating the production EMR systems.
For more information, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/emr/
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring.We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science with 8 years of relevant software development and engineering management experience
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
- Understanding of big data processing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.