- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 3+ years industry experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or equivalent
Are you looking for an opportunity to create a new, global product from scratch? AWS is seeking innovative, passionate, results-oriented leader to own software systems, products, and tools to build an exciting new global product. This is a confidential strategic initiative for AWS.
We are looking for an individual that thrives by creating high-bar engineering cultures, giving customers business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable, and using the intersection of software and data to give their customers “superpowers.”
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. Beyond a strong engineering, data storage/modeling, visualization, and front-end background, a successful candidate will have experience successfully leading teams, developing people, and building a scalable infrastructure. We are looking for someone that is a self-starter, someone that approaches complex business questions with data and curiosity, and a person that dives below the surface to identify the root cause and "so what" rather than just superficial trends.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Advanced/Master's degree in or Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.