2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Do you remember your Day 1 with your employer? Day 1 in any company is a memorable day and with Amazon everyday is Day 1. Are you interested in re-inventing Day 1 for Amazonians? If any of that intrigues join my team Day 1 in redefining Day 1 for Enterprise organizations using Computer vision, facial recognition and Machine Learning.
AWS Kumo Day1 team is looking for talented Software Development Engineers who can solve complex computer vision and machine learning problems at scale for enterprise customers across the world. You will be working with other talented Software Development engineers, Product managers, Machine Learning scientists, Data Scientists and Applied Scientists to solve identity validation problems and enhance Day 1 experience for enterprise employees.
The AWS Kumo Software team combines the culture of a startup, the innovation and creativity of a R&D Lab, the work-life balance of a mature organization, and technical challenges at the scale of AWS. We offer a playground of opportunities for builders to build and make history! Do you: Obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast services to a variety of platforms?
Additional responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Take ownership and build high-performance systems in a complex, distributed environment
- Communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
“Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us”.
- 3+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with mastery of one or more relevant languages (Java, C#, C++, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.