- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- 3+ years of experience doing hands-on software development in Full Stack Web Application
- 3+ years of experience in design and development of data-driven, highly scalable web applications with a rich user interface in the distributed cloud computing environment
- 2+ Years of experience in Object-Oriented Programming and Design, Data Structure, Algorithms, Problem Solving, and Complexity Analysis
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are inventing the future of cloud computing with a team of builders who try new things and dream big. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses worldwide. Ten years ago, we couldn't have imagined how far we would come. Now we're inventing for the next ten years and beyond. But it is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, testers, and builders.
As a member of AWS WWRO Segmentation and Planning, you will shape the AWS business's direction as a whole. You will build greenfield solutions from the ground up while using native AWS services and frameworks. The right candidate will have a robust system delivery background, well-rounded technical knowledge, and demonstrated experience working on large scale projects. The candidate must be customer-obsessed, have strong analytical and communication skills, enjoy working with native AWS services, and thrive on solving challenging business problems. The candidate should be comfortable working in an agile environment and collaborating with multiple teams. You will design and build scalable platforms that enable AWS to sell new products and services with the necessary speed to market.
The team shares a passion for delivering superior products for AWS, innovating using advanced technologies, and impacting the AWS business in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who are comfortable with ambiguity, enjoy solving large scale business challenges, and enjoy working in a startup-like environment.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Master's Degree in Computer Science or relevant technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for full-stack software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, monitoring, and operations.
- Experience in software design that includes object oriented design, API design, NoSQL programming.
- Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Strong knowledge of one or more scripting language (Python, Perl)
- Experience building on AWS using AWS Lambda, S3, API Gateway, Kinesis, SNS, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch Service
- Experience using software version control tools (Git, Jenkins, Apache Subversion, Mercurial)
- Experience in setting up application monitoring solutions (ELK, CloudWatch, Kinesis Analytics, etc.)
- Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications.
- Work well in teams, respecting ideas from teammates, business partners, and technical experts.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, and drive to get things done
- AWS certifications or other related professional technical certifications.
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Demonstrated experience in delivering software projects using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience in mentoring junior software engineers in all aspects of software development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.