- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Do you want to be surrounded by innovation? Would you like to be empowered with a lot of ownership? Would you like to accelerate your growth? Do you thrive in a challenging work environment? Would you like your voice to be heard? If the answer is yes to any of these questions than this is the place for you! AWS is seeking talented Software Development Engineers to join our AWS team!
Amazon AWS is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our Marketplace, Block and Object Storage, and Application teams. This position can be located in a number of different locations. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
Are you ready to challenge yourself in our collaborative atmosphere and watch yourself grow at AWS? As a Software Development Engineer at AWS, you will develop and scale our services and improve our customer experience across the globe. You will influence the way services are developed, provide best practices guidance and architecture feedback.
WHO WE ARE
- A group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
- We obsess over our customer’s needs and experience
- Owners. We love building new innovative technologies, and improving our existing ones
- We wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
- Innovative, agile and collaborative
WHO YOU ARE
- Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on your customers
- Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity
- Take ownership and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
- Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
- Experience in large-scale data processing systems or distributed systems
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban or Agile development
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs