- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- 3+ years of post-internship, professional software engineering experience
- Programming experience with at least 1 modern language, such as Java, C++ or C#, and including object-oriented design
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an innovative and passionate engineer to architect and build new capabilities for our Investments Platform. A singular goal of this platform is to provide our field personnel with secure, highly available, scalable and performant solutions and services so that they can continue to provide excellent service to our customers. You will have the opportunity to join a dynamic team with diverse skill sets, be able to influence our technical direction and build exciting new capabilities that operate at Amazon scale. The platform will provide the foundation for full-stack applications built using native AWS technologies. You will interface with several key stakeholders of this platform including our product, program leaders and with our key technical partners across AWS.
A qualified candidate for this role enjoys building highly scalable, fault-tolerant distributed systems using native cloud architectural patterns. If you are interested in being part of AWS and building services that allow AWS to reach its innovative and aggressive goals, then we look forward to connecting with you. You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing.
In this role, you will
- Design scalable and fault-tolerant platform components that will power full-stack applications for building compelling user experiences
- Collaborate with UX design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting experiences.
- Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire services team for development.
- Write high-quality, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
- Dive deep into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, and extensibility.
- Mentor your team members to promote engineering excellence
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Advanced/Master's degree in or Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
- Experience leading large-scale engineering projects, including using AWS technologies.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.