- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, equivalent experience, or a more advanced degree.
- Cloud experience
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
Location is flexible anywhere in the contiguous United States, however access to a major airport is required for travel purposes.
Do you believe cloud computing will be a disruptive force in government? Do you want to architect and develop new tools and software to help government customers implement the cloud-enabled agencies/ministries of tomorrow? Do you enjoy mission-driven development, building awesome software, solving incredible technical challenges, and integrating across a wide variety of AWS services? Then this opportunity is for you!
AWS Professional Services is looking for System Development Engineers to join the Technical Solutions & Delivery team. This is an exciting new capability within AWS Professional Services that focuses on software engineering and automation consulting.
Our Systems Development Engineers spend time:
- Defining and developing new solutions to solve technically complex cloud issues for our customers.
- Writing code in customer environments.
- Building, maintaining, and deploying CI/CD solutions into customer environments
- Modernize existing applications by updating codebases to utilize AWS services.
- Migrate customer applications to the AWS Cloud.
- Assist customer developers with software integration with the AWS Cloud.
- Work with customer stakeholders to identify dependencies, constraints, and resources that can be moved into AWS.
- Work with partners to ensure successful outcome from our engagements.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Experience working in start-up mode building new products and services from the ground up.
- Ability to work with teams diverse in culture, background, and location.
- Experience in Systems and Infrastructure Administration, DevOps.
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Experience building tools for automation (building, testing, releasing and/or monitoring).
- A solid grasp of networking fundamentals, preferably including hands-on experience with load balancers, switches, routers, etc.
- Expertise in software processes, web services, multi-tiered systems, workflow modeling, systems testing, and enterprise application integration
- Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems
- Experience creating, reviewing, and refining design and architecture documents presented by partner teams for operational readiness, fault tolerance and scalability
- Experience developing or furthering existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency
- Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services
- Experience with front-end development: React (or Angular), design, UI/UX, CSS/Bootstrap
- Computer Science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithm design, complexity analysis & operating system concepts.
- Candidates have strong writing and verbal communication skills.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.