- 6+years of technical program management experience in the industry
- 4+ years experience in building and driving successful enablement programs at scale
- 5+ years of experience engaging and influencing technical and business decision makers
- 5+ years of experience presenting and articulating business and technical concepts to cross-functional audiences
- 3+ years of experience in influencing senior executives through data driven analysis and decision making
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing at a staggering pace in terms of revenue, customers, people, and complexity.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager, WW Partner Tech to support the growth of our AWS Partner Core Solutions Architecture teams. Successful technical program managers leverage their management and leadership capabilities to pro-actively identify and manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive enablement workstreams to successful completion. You will play an active role in analyzing the current state of Partner SA enablement programs, creating implementation plans, along with driving AWS team members, stakeholders, SMEs and third parties to achieve those goals.
You will have have a proven track record in building and executing successful technical enablement programs for partners and internal stakeholders. You will have strong communication, product building and program management skills. You will also have experience and skills associated to building out and driving programs from scratch with success indicators built in.
As an effective programs leader, you will collaborate and partner with our Independent Software Vendor (ISV) focused teams, as well as key cross functional organizations on the design, development and execution of high impact technical enablement programs. You will track key performance indicators to help support the future state of each development workstream and ensure success. You will provide frequent program status updates to stakeholders and business leaders. You will also lead communications and strategic operational plans for the partner technical teams. You will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment. You will be a creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for delivering results.
- Perform customer/partner needs, scope efforts, and evaluate existing processes to support the expansion of virtual operations in multiple locations
- Conducts stakeholder and SME reviews to determine, recommend and document project needs and resource requirements
- Show ownership and leadership skills in coordinating programs across multiple teams, driving them to successful conclusion while building strong, lasting relationships with internal and external customers
- Build mechanisms to ensure that the program is continually updated to capture new priorities, services or tools
- Experience working effectively in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders (technical, sales, business development) bringing together a cross functional team to deliver results
- Collaborate with technical stakeholders to build input-focused program plans for achievement of key measures
- Communicate effectively at multiple levels and build trust across the organization
This role could involve up to 20% travel.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- A demonstrated ability to synthesize complex concepts, formulate a clear point of view, and write concise and compelling narratives.
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- An agile, flexible builder with a “can-do” approach to managing ambiguity and a highly iterative creative process
- Proven success in working with technical teams and executive leadership in a complex environment
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute
- Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments
- Verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records