- Experience leading presentations, public speaking, or classroom training for related technology and products or services.
- 4+ years of experience in a combination of the following areas: programming, IT system design, architecture, operations, administration, AI/ML, or advanced technical training (not application level training)
- Experience with various IT concepts (e.g. Compute, Storage, Networking, Database, Security, AI/ML, DevOps)
- Technical Degree (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems) or 4 years' relevant work experience
- Professional or Specialty Certification OR 3+ years of hands on experience with AWS products
- Please note that due to the pandemic this role is currently 100% virtual. In the future, the role will potentially have up to 50% regional travel. The Senior Technical Trainer will sit or relocate to the Great Lakes region (Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Ohio, or Indiana).*
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. This is what unites Amazonians across teams and geographies as we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 175 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
AWS Training and Certification helps you build and validate your cloud skills so you can get more out of the cloud. We offer both digital and classroom training—delivered virtually and in person—so you can choose to learn online at your own pace or learn best practices from an instructor. Are you interested in working as a Senior Technical Trainer, directly serving a wide variety of customers and staying current on all the latest technology that AWS has to offer?
If you have previous programming experience, can communicate highly technical concepts to audiences at different stages in the AWS journey, and consider yourself an IT Generalist, we would like to speak with you. We are looking for a dynamic, organized, self-starter to join our Training Team.
In this role, you will deliver training content to developers, administrators, architects, and partners to drive adoption and usage of AWS infrastructure services. You’ll have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching, with enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive customer relationships.
Responsibilities (What’s cool about this job?):
- Deliver instructor-led classroom training to end-user customers and partners on a regular schedule in US and abroad
- Assist in developing & maintaining technical training content, lab exercises, presentations, and accompanying materials
- Develop a formalized Train-the-Trainer program for our Authorized Training Center partners and Contractors
- Mentor and train internal and external authorized trainers as part of a train the trainer program
- Special Projects as assigned
- AWS Certified
- A strong “stage presence” and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners
- Experience with Windows or Linux at the command line
- Recent coding or scripting experience
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us"