- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field. In lieu of degree, 4+ additional years of hands-on experience in the below qualification may be substituted.
- 5+ years' experience in an information security or compliance role.
- 5+ years' management experience and demonstrated knowledge of management best practices.
- 5+ years' experience with engagement and working with security stakeholders.
Seeking a senior technical manager to drive security delivery of innovative technology solutions for Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers at AWS events worldwide, including re: Invent, re: Inforce, and Global Summits.
Are you passionate about customer facing events with a particular focus on information security, identity, and compliance? AWS is seeking a security owner to build upon and expand our existing vendor relationships, internal services, and drive both the vision and execution of best-in-class security for event operations. In this role you will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about customer experience, and who believe world class cloud computing knowledge at events is critical to customer success. You will have direct influence on how people around the world are introduced to AWS services. You will work directly with AWS service teams, infrastructure, and administrative teams to identify opportunities to improve AWS’ event security posture. You will build tooling, drive process improvements, and work with event owners and cutting edge technology to develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges.
To be successful in this role, you can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, pave the way for innovation, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives, and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet your goals. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach.
This role is located in Seattle and not open to remote. Relocation assistance within the US only.
As a Security TPM you will:
- Enable transparency and decision-making across AWS executive leadership by providing critical communication and clear status of the security initiatives you own.
- Lead security reviews and penetration tests in partnership with AWS Security and AWS and drive remediation of results to completion.
- Work with AWS teams and external event vendors to convey cloud computing security and risk management best practices.
- Develop technical that can be used by AWS teams to assist them in vetting event vendors and guide them through the security review process.
- Assess security-related knowledge across AWS and develop plans to address gaps.
- Bring your expertise, problem solving skills, and creativity to add value and diversity of thought to our team.
- Understanding of exploit protection and other advanced attack containment is desirable.
- Understanding of network and web related protocols.
- Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments.
- Are comfortable generating automated metrics to measure service and effectiveness and consistency.
- Have working experience of operationalizing security requirements.
- Relevant industry certifications (CISSP, CISA/M, CIPP/CIPM/CIPT).
- Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
- Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid “analysis paralysis”).
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including business and technical.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If located within the city limits of Columbia, SC, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.