- 7+ years of experience in solution architecture, evangelism, product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years experience with end to end product delivery
- 3+ years experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- 3+ years experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- 3+ years experience in Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple Keynote
Do you wake up in the morning excited about what cloud computing can do for customers of all shapes and sizes? Do you have a knack for translating complex technologies into great presentations? Are you an expert on cloud technologies? Do you have a passion for helping customers understand how cloud technologies can revolutionize their businesses? Are you one of those rare technologists as comfortable working with engineering teams, as talking with a journalist?
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Keynote team is hiring!
We’re looking for a talented, self-directed Senior Technical Keynote Evangelist to communicate the technical capabilities of the AWS platform through external presentation materials and visuals. The ideal candidate comes from a software and/or infrastructure background, but has an unmet need to tell stories. The Senior Technical Keynote Evangelist will partner with technical leaders in engineering, product marketing, and senior AWS executives to create presentations, sample solutions, and other content that will advance the thought leadership position of AWS worldwide. The candidate must also have the technical depth to work together with principle and distinguished engineers, pay strong attention to detail, have a collaborative work style, and have an unparalleled work ethic. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, industry-leading technology business.
Preference is for this position may be located in Seattle, WA but we're open to other office locations in the US. Relocation offered from within the US only.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits into compelling stories told through great visuals and crisp talk tracks
- Deliver and execute technical stories that are “mainstage ready” through a meticulous attention to detail, a passion for preparation, and the ability to see around corners
- Create the technical elements of AWS keynote presentations, including architecture diagrams
- Create messaging and documents addressing key technical topics for the AWS platform
- Partner with product marketing to apply key messages to the keynote content development process
- Comfortable delivering presentations to large audiences
- Collaborate with the customer references team to identify and create compelling customer stories for keynote presentations
- Write clear, consistent keynote scripts and other documentation
- Play a critical role in the evolution of the company message
- Work with outside agencies to create the creative to engage audiences
- Work with production teams to ensure successful execution on the planned content
- Travel, in the US and abroad, as necessary to support executive presentations
- Experience architecting and deploying AWS solutions in a production environment
- AWS Solution Architect Professional or Associate Certification
- Strong background in messaging and executive speech support
- Technical writing and requirements-gathering abilities
- Experience in crafting compelling positioning and marketing content
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For San Francisco:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Los Angeles:
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.