- 8+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- 8+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
Do you like helping U.S. Department of Defense Navy and Marine Corps implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Come join our team as a Solutions Architect and help us accelerate our growing U.S. Defense Department business as part of the World Wide Public Sector practice. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s truly innovative technical teams, while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon CloudFront) directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, responding to RFPs, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
You will provide thoughtful technical design and offer sensitivity to our customer needs in the Defense markets for cloud computing working with a truly innovative sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solution architect community. You will have the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
You should apply to this role if you are passionate about:
- Creating, building, educating, training and designing cloud computing architectures for our Defense Department customers.
- Our company credo: “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” It’s critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers.
- Deep-dive technical discussions around design and the curiosity to keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends
Experience in the following key areas are helpful:
- Executive Speaking and Presentation Skills – White board, small and large group presentations
- Technical – Web Services development/deployment experience, cloud computing
- Operational – Web site/services operations, management, and security
- Economic and business – RFP/Acquisition support; Technical architecture; understanding market trends; cost benefit analysis
- Advisory/Consulting experience with Defense Department customers
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Knowledge of the AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing data base, data analytics, data processing of structured and unstructured mission data sets.
- Experience managing highly available data center operations with responsibility for infrastructure robustness, including networking, server hardware and storage
- DOD Secret or above clearance
- Ability to travel 50%
- 5+ years of experience in a product company technical role supporting sales
- Developer and/or DevSecOps depth depth with general AWS cloud breath knowledge
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.