- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Programming experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python or PERL
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
- Experience with Agile testing methodologies and best practices
It’s truly Day 1 for our team in AWS. This is your opportunity to be a founding member of a new team that’s building a suite of AWS Apps and Services to tackle a huge new problem space. You’ll be an integral part of building services that leverage cutting edge AWS technologies like SageMaker, Forecast, Athena, QuickSight, Glue, and more. As an early member of the team, you’ll wear many hats. You’ll help design the overall architecture, contribute to the product vision, and establish the technology processes and practices that will lay the groundwork for the organization as it grows.
An ideal candidate is an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer in Test with a development and/or QA background who can direct the activities of a growing team. An ideal Senior Software Development Engineer will lead the implementation of quality best practices across development lifecycle, including the development of automated testing solutions that supports Functional and Performance testing for both Front End and API/services level testing. The ideal candidate should have proven expertise in designing scalable and low-latency systems, working across technologies, and mentoring other engineers. They will work closely with the larger organization of Product Managers, TPMs, Software Development Engineers (SDEs/SDETs), and Quality Assurance Engineers (QAEs) to understand features and their technical implementation to approximate real-world environments and regression tests, and driving the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies.
This team is a great fit for you if:
- You enjoy working with a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working together towards a common goal.
- You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in working on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
- You’d like to be directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
- You are a passionate learner and are motivated to take on new challenges.
- You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Experience of developing QA / automated test strategy for products that include a native client application running on PCs along with backend services
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services across API, UI and distributed systems
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills