- 7+ years of relevant experience in complex project management and implementation with proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation
- Experience working with Sales Operations or Sales Strategy and Planning
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
- Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
- Experience developing and managing large programs and projects
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS/B.Tech) from an accredited university
With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
The AWS Worldwide Revenue Operations Segmentation and Planning team is seeking an experienced program manager to lead strategic initiatives and programs across WWRO and AWS Sales Organizations. The scope of this role includes identifying critical process improvement areas across the AWS Planning process, and leading their global implementation while minimizing business disruption and employee confusion. The Sr. Program Manager will own change management end-to-end, prioritizing tasks and resources to best achieve organization and team-level goals and quickly escalating when there is no clear path forward. A strong bias for action, strategic planning skills, quantitative analysis, and the ability to coordinate and deliver new initiatives across a highly-matrixed organization is essential.
If you are a builder, enjoy working on complex strategic initiatives that would positively impact several teams at AWS, and have experience delivering results under aggressive timelines and ambiguous scenarios, reach out to us.
In this role, you will:
- Drive global field engagement, including the definition, implementation, and adoption of a collaboration model for segmentation strategy and operations across centralized, world-wide, and geographical operations teams.
- Lead strategic projects and programs to drive process and planning improvements across AWS, to reduce the cost and time spent on AWS Planning
- Form and manage cross-functional project teams. Planning, organizing, managing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders.
- Partner with communications, enablement, sales operations, systems and other key operational experts across the organization to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives
- Create program management mechanisms, like intake processes, scoping criteria, and prioritization of initiatives.
- Assist in the development of program strategy for each initiative, track key milestones and communicate strategy with Planning and Operations Leaders and relevant stakeholders; fully own progress against targets
- Conduct business readiness assessments, evaluate results, and develop plans to ensure business is prepared for upcoming technology and tooling changes
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Build strong partnerships with internal & external stakeholders to drive adoption and deliver desired business outcomes
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. Beyond a proven track record of program management, a successful candidate will have experience driving strategy and influencing executive leadership. We are looking for someone that approaches complex business questions with data and curiosity; someone who dives below the surface to identify the root cause and the "so what" rather than just superficial trends.
Position may be based in Seattle, WA; Boston, MA; Arlington, VA; or Dallas, TX
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- MBA and work experience in technical field
- Project Management certifications
- Demonstrated ability to understand global business needs and propose solutions with sales and business leaders across multiple functional domains (e.g., sales, technical, operations, marketing).
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment
- Ability to take initiative and execute results in an ever-evolving work environment
- Start-up attitude and ability to flex to help identify and solve quickly emerging opportunities related to the launch of new programs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.