- 6 years’ progressive project management experience.
- 3 years’ international experience, working with global stakeholders, in a matrixed organizational setting
- 1 year of experience supporting sales organizations or teams.
- Advanced Proficiency in Salesforce.com
- BS/BA degree
Do you want to work hard, have fun, and make history? Amazon Web Services (AWS), a leader in cloud computing, is seeking a talented and experienced Program Manager to provide business support, ensure internal efficiency and manage successful implementation of multi-regional healthcare initiatives across the Public Sector Sales team.
In this program management role you will be part of the AWS core team that serves customers in the Healthcare vertical within Public Sector internationally. You will work cross-functionally with AWS teams around the world to support and accelerate growth of the Healthcare business.
Key Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
Working across AWS at all levels of the organization to identify and build initiatives and programs that will be valuable for the healthcare market
- Developing metrics to measure and track business results
- Playing an active role in identifying creating business development/implementation plans and sales enablement plans, and then drive team members, stakeholders and third parties to achieve those goals
- Supporting integrated solutions, Think Big ideas, plus sales/marketing campaigns to meet opportunities, and project managing customer and partner programs in highly matrixed organizations across the global community
- Expanding AWS Healthcare knowledge base by documenting market knowledge, competitive offerings and best practices
- Owning the creation, maintenance, streamlining, and dissemination of onboarding and everboarding learning content for WWPS personnel in the healthcare sales, solution architecture, and business development organizations
- Helping the PS team balance short-term tactical goals with long-term strategies, and implement cross-WWPS strategic healthcare initiatives
- Gathering feedback from the team on a regular basis to continuously improve programs.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills (Excel) and preferred experience in working and connecting data from different platforms.
- Working under ambiguity and dealing with complex information from various sources.
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry.
- Experience digesting and analyzing complex info/ data from different sources and translating the results into simple actionable deliverables/ messages.
- Demonstrated intercultural awareness and sensitivity of customs and cultural norms associated with international workforce and stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and at least one other language (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese,).
- PMP certification.
- MBA with focus in Business or Master’s in a Business related or Health field.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.