- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in program/project management and coordinating/driving schedules
- 5+ years of experience in the defense-related industry
- 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 5+ years of experience communciating with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Secret at minimum
Are you excited about partnering with the Department of Defense (DoD) and Defense industry to drive high-visibility and strategic programs and projects as well as applying Lean Methodologies to lead operational process improvements? Are you equally comfortable working with design and development teams to meet business requirements? If so, the AWS Federal Delivery Office – DoD Program Management Office is looking for a Sr. Program Manager with a proven record of delivering results for strategic cross-functional projects.
This position focuses on the delivery of AWS services to our DoD and defense industry customers. This role requires influential, cross-functional leadership across diverse teams to solve complex problems, identify requirements, design processes, and manage timelines for programs and projects supporting DoD. It involves delivering results by driving diverse teams, such as sales, capture, business operations, legal, cybersecurity, solution architects, and software development, towards a common goal. It entails regular communication with senior management on project status, business opportunities and risks.
We seek an innovative program manager who has experience in delivering solutions to the DoD. To be successful in this position, the candidate must have the ability to solve complex, technical/non-technical problems with simple and practical solutions. This person must be comfortable with ambiguity and display a willingness to dive deep to uncover additional insights into such problems. A strong candidate is customer-obsessed and displays a bias for action in everything they do. The ability to effectively communicate with senior management and other departments within the organization is key to success.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 8+ years of experience working in DoD or defense industry
- Experience managing defense projects built using cloud technologies; understands the challenges involved with providing technical solutions to DoD
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
- Demonstrated maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.