- 7+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as technical marketing, technical pre-sales, consulting, training, or product marketing/management
- 5+ years demonstrated track record in crafting positioning and marketing content
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science OR 7+ years relevant industry experience in marketing of technical products
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
Product Marketing is responsible for developing crisp, highly differentiated, and compelling positioning and messaging for AWS and its services. We tell AWS’s most important and interesting stories to educate customers about what is possible when you build on AWS.
We are looking for an experienced product marketing leader to join the AWS product marketing team. In this role, you will lead the strategy and execution of our content roadmap across thought leadership and demand generation for the Decision Maker audience (Chief Information Officer, Chief Enterprise Architecture, VP/Director of Analytics, LOB Leader and Chief Data Officer) aligned to the cross category AWS Data story (spanning databases, analytics, and machine learning). You will work cross-functionality to create and activate the most compelling content to help Decision Makers understand the use cases and value propositions of modernizing their data strategy on AWS.
Strong preference for this position to be in Seattle, but open to near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corporate office only. Relocation offered from within the US to any of these locations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of the decision maker audience and the data market
- Audit and asses content and channel effectiveness to develop a cohesive content strategy across the customer journey
- Working with PMM, craft and develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides, sales enablement, etc.)
- Working with campaigns teams, test and refine new marketing approaches and channels to reach and engage key audiences
- Work effectively across AWS with groups including sales, WW specialist sales teams, PM, and marketing to achieve business goals
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
For San Francisco:
- Experience with marketing to the Decision Maker audience
- Experience in content strategy, writing, or content production
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership to drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs
- Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling positioning and marketing content
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Los Angeles:
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $116,100 - 160,000/ yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.