- 7+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as technical marketing, technical pre-sales, consulting, training, or product marketing/management
- 5+ years demonstrated track record in crafting positioning and marketing content
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science OR 7+ years relevant industry experience in marketing of technical products
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
Product Marketing is responsible for developing crisp, highly differentiated, and compelling positioning and messaging for AWS and its services. We tell AWS’s most important and interesting stories to educate customers about what is possible when you build on AWS.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager for Amazon Aurora, you will have the opportunity to define and drive the marketing strategy for the fastest-growing service in AWS history, Amazon Aurora, a MySQL and PostgreSQL-compatible relational database built for the cloud that provides the performance and availability of commercial-grade databases at 1/10th the cost. You will be creating the most compelling content to help customers understand the use cases and value propositions, and building the right marketing programs to drive customer engagement and service adoption. You will also work with the engineering teams to shape the product vision and prioritize features. You will get to work on a new and rapidly growing business and have a big impact every day.
Position may be located in Seattle, WA, Arlington, VA or near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
- Own messaging and position of Amazon Aurora.
- Collaborate with AWS engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits of major launches into product marketing messages.
- Engage with AWS field and digital marketing teams to identify and integrate joint messaging and content into lead generation, customer engagement, and product adoption focused marketing programs.
- Craft & develop compelling audience-specific messages as well as presentations, customer success stories, and videos.
- Work with sales to ready our general and specialized sales teams on our joint value propositions and messaging.
- Work effectively across AWS with groups such as engineering, digital marketing, sales, business development, and evangelists to achieve our joint business goals.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- MBA and/or computer science, engineering, technology background
- 5+ year’s experience in product marketing for services targeting end users
- Experience with cloud and data center infrastructure technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For San Francisco:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Los Angeles:
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $116,100 - 160,000/ yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.