- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of product management experience in a related industry
- Highly analytical and able to create sound business judgement backed by data
- A proven track record of shipping high quality, enterprise-scale software products/services on time, against set goals and metrics
- Strong bias for action; ability to deal with ambiguity, juggle multiple priorities, make tradeoffs and create a sense of urgency in a dynamic environment
- Ability to strategize, plan and execute on technical product roadmaps
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, and comfortable presenting in large groups and handling high-pressure communication with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the products, our business, and the landscape
- Able to collect, analyze and present data in support of product ideas and goals
Join us in building on AWS, for AWS!
The AWS Worldwide Revenue Operations (WWRO) team is looking for a passionate, innovative, and results-oriented leader to build and own products that improves sales productivity, accelerates sales motion and enables WW AWS GTM teams to increase AWS adoption. Our products enable WW AWS Sales teams to obsess over our customers and make proactive, data-driven recommendations that positions AWS as a strategic business partner in addition to a world-class cloud computing provider.
We are looking for an individual that thrives in an ambiguous setting, one who can identify customer pain points & needs, define product roadmap & requirements, is comfortable working with engineering & other cross-functional teams, and can deliver high quality products, offering customers prescriptive guidance that is timely, accurate, and actionable using the intersection of software and data to give customers the “superpowers.”
In this role, you will:
- Engage with WW AWS Field to understand the pain points/needs in our sales function, define customer personas & journeys, identify critical use cases/opportunities, and brainstorm related product ideas
- Author well-researched & detailed documents to review product ideas with senior executives, define product vision & roadmap, and articulate clear requirements.
- Define product goals & success metrics, manage prioritization, and evaluate trade-offs.
- Be the voice of the customer. Work directly with engineering, data and cross-functional teams to execute on the roadmap, and manage through obstacles/blockers to achieve the objectives.
- Own business reporting for senior management review on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Work with data team(s), where necessary.
- Leverage strong written and verbal communication skills, and data analytical capabilities to drive business decisions and measure success.
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their product vision and execution of ideas. Besides a strong product management background, the right candidate will have experience successfully working with engineering teams, delivering technical products, and even building a product team. We are looking for someone that is a self-starter, approaches complex business problems with data, curiosity and critical thinking, and works backwards from the customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- MBA or a Master’s degree in a technical discipline preferred
- Prior experience in managing technical products or cloud-based services
- Experience designing, building and launching software products from scratch
- Experience with UX designing, agile development lifecycle and data analytics tools
- Knowledge of product management best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Prior experience in sales operations function is a plus
- Prior experience in software and/or data engineering is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.