- 3+ years of experience with hybrid cloud technologies, processes and concepts.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in education design, development, and product management in high-technology companies
- Experience evaluating and measuring program effectiveness and value
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
AWS Training and Certification Product Manager
To meet the growing demand for Amazon Web Services around the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join the AWS Training and Certification Product Management team to define holistic training strategies that span multiple audiences. You will be responsible for: 1) strategy, definition and support of programs focused on training products aligned to AWS Hybrid Cloud technologies, solutions, and services; 2) identifying and working with internal and external training consumers to understand and translate discrete requirements; 3) working with product marketing teams to understand priorities and key business initiatives: and 4) working collaboratively with the Curriculum Development team to build and publish training offerings.
You will define training product roadmaps and specific functional requirements to support digital and classroom-based offerings, and work cross-functionally across AWS Training & Certification to deliver creative learning offerings aligned to customer needs. You should possess deep Hybrid Cloud domain expertise in order to become proficient in AWS products and services. You should be a creative visionary that is passionate about learning and development and should be well-versed in learning trends (e.g. hands-on labs, simulated labs, MOOCs, social, gamification, mobile). The candidate has experience with the training product development lifecycle, and is comfortable working across multiple projects simultaneously. You should possess analytical, technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. Key to success in this position is a passion for delivering results, assisting in systems design and continuous improvement initiatives. Qualified candidates have experience defining and managing KPIs as well as analyzing cost/benefit tradeoffs, and conducting industry research.
- Drive product strategy for multiple learning channels, including research
- Responsible for building strategic relationships cross-functionally and the design, implementation, and measurement of effective Hybrid Cloud technology training programs
- Develop/maintain understanding of key roles we serve based on AWS business direction and Training & Certification education strategies for growth
- Able to identify what people need to learn; for successful individual and organizational performance
- Able to apply adult learning concepts and practices and application to the workplace
- Possesses broad perspective and applies a business value approach to learning and development
- Able to apply expertise in training methodology, curriculum development, course delivery, diverse training mediums, and training operations to our internal and external programs
- Identify new technologies and methodologies that accelerate workforce capability development
- Collaborate with learning industry professionals to identify and respond to trends, and develop and promote offerings
- Conduct market analysis to determine needs in digital capability development.
- Support forecasting, budgeting and marketing activities for learning channels
Please note this role will require up to 15% travel.
This position can be based anywhere in the US.
For virtual jobs where work can be performed in Colorado:
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $116,400/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits.
- 8 years experience at cloud-based and/or enterprise technology company, consultancy or partner (5 years progressive experience in adult learning and use of learning tools and methods and at least 3 years in a senior role in the learning function)
- Experience working with competency models, assessments and curriculum alignment
- Proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted programs with the ability to drive projects through completion, including managing internal and external stakeholders
- Business credible, interpersonal, and relationship building and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to present strategies to various levels of an organization and gain support for initiatives
- Creative and innovative, comfortable with learning methods and approaches
- Knowledge of learning management platforms, LRS/LMS, and integrations, including analytics capabilities for these platforms
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us