- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related technical discipline OR additional 4+ years’ in product or program management, business development or technology products/services
- 7+ years’ in product or program management, business development or technology products/services
- Demonstrated success influencing without authority using analytical, statistical, and quantitative skills to translate insights into high-adoption recommendations
- Experience using data visualization tools like Amazon QuickSight, Tableau, or similar BI tools to substantiate assumptions, evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom
- Experience creating product roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience working backwards from the customer with feature delivery and making tradeoff decisions
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
Are you fascinated by other languages and cultures? Do you want to work on projects with a global impact? Do you have fun diving deep and analyzing complex problems? Then this is your chance to combine your passions by helping us extend AWS Cloud Computing to all corners of the globe.
The AWS localization team is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated Senior Product Manager - Technical (PM - T) to create solutions that seamlessly insert localization processes into multiple tools and platforms to facilitate the creation of the best customer experience in the world.
Our team makes AWS resources accessible in many languages and cultures, expanding every year. We are much more than translators; we are also builders of solutions, platforms, and tools that innovate and automate complex localization processes. We are passionate about delivering the best customer experience based upon insights, reporting, and measurements.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you own the vision and strategy to drive Localization upstream directly where the content is created, embedding seamlessly within other teams, and learning their process.
You make strategic decisions grounded in data gathered in those explorations. You design solutions that simplify the integration of localization and deliver rapid translations as closely as possible to the source content. You also broker cross-team implementations, all the while monitoring the execution of the project, providing project progress to stakeholders, and maintaining the overall integrity of the outcome. There will be a lot of ambiguity to work through, and it will require a high level of flexibility and trust building.
This role is open to any US-based AWS corporate office (except San Francisco), with a preference for Seattle. Relocation assistance to one of these locations is available from within the US only.
- MBA or MS in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- Experience with Localization engineering
- Demonstrated ability to decompose significantly complex processes into straightforward solutions
- Dual education background in Business and Technology
- Experience with UX/UI Design, knowledge of customer experience metrics, methodologies and customer survey research design
- Expertise working through product management methodologies, especially Agile environments
- Professional written and verbal communications
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If located within the city limits of Columbia, SC, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $115k -160k per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.