- Minimum 10+ years of IT Consulting/Management experience, with demonstrated IT transformation experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver large-scale enterprise IT projects with global Fortune 500 enterprise customers
- Proven track record of hiring and developing the best, building teams and coaching them to success
- Experience with cloud computing change management challenges and solutions
- Experience with enterprise architecture successes including virtualization technologies & distributed architecture
- Experience using AWS platform services in distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- BS level degree or equivalent experience required, computer science, business or math background preferred
- Be mobile and travel to client locations as needed. Estimated 50-75% annual travel requirement
Do you have IT leadership and/or consulting experience with Fortune 500 enterprise organizations across a variety of technologies and disciplines? Have you built and led successful, global IT consulting practices? Do you have broad technical skills and experience across all aspects of enterprise IT and Cloud at all layers of the stack? Can you build and lead technical teams that drive design wins, then package and publish best practices?
Our AWS Professional Services consultants deliver IT infrastructure architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review operational best practices and conduct skills transfer workshops. AWS consultants collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability. They advise customers on migrating existing systems and building new systems using the full range of AWS services. They also assist with the non-technical change management work on policies, processes and people changes.
At AWS, we’re looking for an experienced leader to help us build and lead a team of AWS Professional Services consultants dedicated to our Global Account customers. This team will be very deep technically in their areas, have experience working with our Global Account customer base so to best represent cloud adoption best practices and travel internationally as needed. This individual will need to have a strong combination of technical experience, coaching and leadership skills, and an ability to learn fast in a fast paced environment. They will be expected to collaborate with many AWS engineering teams to introduce and refine our platform web services for these large, multi-national enterprises and will harvest, package and publish best practices into repeatable offerings in each technical specialty to accelerate our customers transition to a cloud based IT model using AWS.
- Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of deeply technical engagements with partners and enterprise customers enabling breakthrough business outcomes for our customers.
- Build and lead great teams - attract top technical talent to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills, and a career focus on a specific technical specialty. Assemble and develop the very best in the world in each specialty.
- Develop partnerships – proactively develop industry solution maps for each technical specialty and engage the leading solution and service providers for each. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large enterprises.
- Learn and teach – build small teams with single threaded leaders in each technical specialty area. Work with them to learn the newest platform services very quickly. Support them in harvesting and publishing best practices to broader field and partner teams. Also, guide them to engage individual project teams and teach the implementation processes and skills related to their technical specialty.
- Make new markets – develop the engagement model for driving the first design wins for the very newest platform web services, to open new market segments and clear the way for cloud-based IT using AWS in each technology area.
- Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering service teams to convey deep technical requirements from partners and customers as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
- Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to cloud-based enterprise IT
- Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
- Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ITIL)
- Designing, building, and operating enterprise scale IT processes and infrastructures
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards including PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- Advanced degrees in engineering and/or computer science
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Amazon Web Services is hiring. For more information: