- 8+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as industry marketing, product marketing, technical marketing, technical pre-sales, management consulting, or product management
- 2+ years experience working in the Telecommunication industry
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, technology, and/or relevant field of study such as computer science and/or cloud computing.
Amazon Web Services is seeking a data-driven, creative, and well-written senior marketing manager to execute AWS’ marketing and program strategy for the Telecommunications industry, as part of our Telecom Industry team. This will be a critical role in AWS, and will be an integral member of the Telecom industry team to support worldwide growth. As such, the role will execute a holistic marketing strategy across all areas of our organization in support of specific Telecom go-to-market initiatives. (Sales, Product, Marketing, Business Development, Partner/Alliances, etc.).
As a critical member of the team, you will develop compelling messaging, content, and programs for the Telecommunications segment and key customer personas, assist with engaging press and analyst communities, position AWS’s Telecom offerings for ecosystem partners, be a go-to subject matter expert for our worldwide AWS sales teams in the area of 5G/Edge, AI/ML and IoT solutions, and drive/execute campaigns and communications that position AWS as the leading cloud service provider and strategic partner to the Telecom industry.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology and how it can be used to create business outcomes for large Communications Service Providers and, an innate ability to transform complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand messaging and materials, and the ability to build and improve scalable mechanisms for managing our work. Comfort with and experience in a highly data-driven marketing organization is a must. In addition, the ideal candidate will be great fun to work with. At AWS, we like to “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” In this role, it is important that you enjoy what you do (and it shows), be creative, and willing to take on any challenge to drive impact and results for our customers.
Position will be located in an Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office based in the following locations: Seattle, WA (HQ); Arlington, VA (HQ2); Palo Alto, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Diego, CA; Santa Barbara, CA; Santa Cruz, CA; Portland, OR; Phoenix, AZ; Las Vegas, NV; Salt Lake City, UT; Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Washington, DC; New York, NY; Jersey City, NJ; Pittsburgh, PA; Boston, MA; Nashville, TN; Charlotte, NC; Atlanta, GA; only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
- Execute AWS’ go-to-market strategy for the global Telecom industry. Develop messaging, value propositions, core content, customer references, and go-to-market programs within the AWS Telecommunications Industry Business Unit with emphasis on 5G/Edge Computing, AI/ML, BSS/OSS and IoT. You will regularly engage with the senior leaders of our Telecom services business unit and marketing organizations to develop and communicate how AWS benefits and transforms the Telecom industry.
- Utilize AWS service and solution messaging and related content to develop and deliver consumable, highly impactful sales tools to the AWS field sales team that articulate the value and differentiation of the AWS Telecom portfolio.
- Ensure quality standards are met for all materials produced and released for the AWS field teams. As this is a global role, content needs to be globally scalable while also meeting the needs of the local markets.
- Develop and support keynotes at Telecom conferences and trade shows, positioning AWS as the leading Cloud provider for Telecom. You will ensure that we have the right content prepared, and work with senior leadership to communicate that content to the industry in the highest impact way.
- Develop content in support of the Telecom industry website to promote use cases, customer successes and references positioning the unique value AWS brings to the Telecom Industry.
- Engage and plan with our partner team and community to develop core messaging and related content for our top Telco ecosystem partners.
- Develop thought leadership content that influences business decision makers in the Telco industry.
- Create materials for blog posts, website updates and Account Based Marketing (ABM) collateral.
- Regularly engage with the cross-functional Telecom organization to assess field needs and prioritize the development of selling tools, field events, and related materials.
- Help in the planning and execution of Industry events such as MWC Barcelona, TM Forum and other relevant industry events.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- MBA and/or computer science, engineering, cloud computing, Telecommunications background.
- An understanding of 5G/Edge Computing, OSS/BSS, AI/ML and IoT.
- Built and/or deployed cloud computing related workloads/solutions or brought them to market.
- Experience with launching new and disruptive products and services.
- Exhibits track record of aligning with Amazon Leadership Principles.
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility, team building, and proven success delivering measurable marketing results on a global scale.
- Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling messaging, positioning, and marketing content
- Professional oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to travel globally, and ability to work independently and autonomously .
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.