- 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
- 3+ years management of technical, customer facing resources
- 5+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are inventing the future of cloud computing with a team of builders who try new things and dream big dreams. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. Ten years ago, we couldn’t have imagined how far we would come. Now we’re inventing for the next ten years and beyond. But it is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, testers, and doers.
Our Solutions Architects team is seeking candidates with a variety of skills to help shape and deliver on our cloud strategy for our global customers and partners. As a Solutions Architect leader, you will be on the front line of helping customers succeed using AWS technologies, linking technology with measurable business value for organizations ranging from start-ups to large, enterprise customers. You will be a trusted customer advocate, helping our partners understand advanced cloud-based solutions and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud.
Come join us as a Solutions Architect leader and work with the latest cloud computing technologies that enable our customers to do more with their technology and change the world.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. We are looking for leaders who love learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. We need innovative leaders who can look beyond the technology and consider the value our technology creates for our customers, and can help change how our technology is viewed. This is critical for the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services teams, as well as representing your team to executive management.
OTHER KEY CHARACTERISTICS
Fun to work with!! In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun, while maintaining a work-life balance. We look for leaders who are creative and who are willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact for their team, for the company and for our customers.
Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of Enterprise customers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or a similar role and experience managing a team of a Solution Architects. You will have an ability to maintain your hands-on technical expertise as well as a passion for learning and developing new skills.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a key member of the business development and sales management teams, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform.
- Hire, on-board, coach, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources.
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be “Cloud advocates”.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices.Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Experience working within software development
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, TOGAF, etc.)
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Demonstrated presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role