- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field.
- 8+ years' experience implementing and managing business continuity or risk management programs.
- 2+ years experience in managing the response to significant disruptive events.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time globally.
The AWS Business Continuity team is looking for creative, curious, and motivated business continuity experts to support the maturing of the AWS Business Continuity program. The ideal candidates have built robust resiliency programs with codified policies, processes, governance structures, and frameworks. As important, the candidates appreciate that effective business continuity works best when it is tailored to the unique structure and business model of the organization and focuses on the internal customers it serves. To that end, members of the AWS Business Continuity team must love to build relationships, have an intense desire to understand how the organization works, and constantly think about how the program can better serve AWS. This is an individual contributor, consulting-like role where you will not only be expected to enhance the business continuity program, but be able to clearly and confidently articulate its purpose and findings to technical and non-technical business leaders. Additional expertise in cloud computing, cybersecurity, management consulting, or data analytics is preferred.
What you will do:
- Develop the business continuity policy, program framework, and platform
- Work with business teams to conduct business impact and risk assessments, identify critical services, define recovery objectives, map critical dependencies, and help them document BC plan needs to drive consistency and attestation.
- Execute upon and update business continuity program goals, inclusive of the development and reporting against metrics and key performance indicators, meant to assess program health and continuous program improvement.
- Present assessments findings, program updates, and recovery strategies to leadership.
- Partner with AWS Security and Infrastructure teams to coordinate recovery strategies as identified through the Business Continuity planning process and assist in responding to significant disruptive events.
- Facilitate business continuity exercises and tests, to identify potential gaps in plans, as well as functionality of work transference processes supporting recovery.
- Identify partners and opportunities for education and awareness of BC methodology globally.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Graduate degree in business continuity, risk management or other relevant field
- 10+ years' experience implementing and managing business continuity or risk management program, including policy documentation, tool implementation and business impact assessments.
- Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII), Business Continuity Institute (BCI), or other business continuity professional certification (CBCP+)
- Familiarity with Disaster Recovery (Information Technology focus)
- Experience in cloud computing
- Background in data analytics or data engineering.
- Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership, and delivering results in a leadership role.
- Track record of having earned the trust of leadership by challenging norms, upgrading team performance, enabling growth, and improving efficiency.
- Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people, and technology challenges in order to identify risks and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple complex projects.
- Strong track record of executing in dynamic and fast-paced environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly to senior-level audiences.
- Skill in developing and maintaining a large network of internal relationships.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.