- 7+ years of experience in the design and implementation of IT systems
- 7+ Implementation and architecture experience in big data, or data warehousing, or data lake, or operational analytics, or data migration, and integration scenarios such as Amazon EMR, Hadoop, Spark, R, Presto, Hive, Amazon Redshift, Teradata, Vertica, Glue, Data Migration Services
Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new ways to explore data? Come join us.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a comprehensive set of services to handle every step of the analytics process chain including data warehousing, business intelligence, batch processing, stream processing, log analytics, and data workflow orchestration.
We are looking for an Analytics Specialized Solutions Architect, who will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for helping customers solve data challenges and create new solutions/capabilities for their customers. You will partner with Sales Account Managers, Business Development Representatives and the AWS Service teams to enable customer adoption and revenue attainment.
You will develop white papers, blogs, sample dashboards, labs, and presentations to evangelize BI design patterns and best practices. You will also mentor and train the broader SA population within AWS, teaching them how to integrate Amazon Analytic Solutions appropriately into customer architectures.
The ideal candidate will …
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the world’s fastest growing.
Be Customer Obsessed. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. You will represent the voice of the customer in field engagements with AWS specialist sales, business development, and service teams.
Be an Architect. As part of a Solutions Architecture team, you produce and validate reference architectures and customer adoption for AWS Analytics services including, Amazon Redshift, Amazon EMR, Amazon Data Lakes and Amazon QuickSight.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Designing Data and Analytics solutions. Work with teams at existing and potential customers to deeply understand their business and technical needs. Develop solutions that make the best use of the AWS Cloud platform and Analytics Services. Collaborate with AWS field sales, training, and support teams to ensure customer success.
- Partnering with account teams, Business Development Managers and Analytics Service teams to accelerate customer adoption and revenue attainment.
- Be the voice of the customer to service engineering teams, providing product improvement feedback to AWS developers and accelerating the adoption of new features in customer deployments.
- Sharing what you know by capturing best-practice knowledge from engineering and field teams, including reference architectures and patterns, with the worldwide AWS solution architect community in order to build a strong worldwide database and analytics community
- Exhibiting thought leadership. Evangelize AWS Services and Analytics Solutions in the Data and Analytics domain. Share best practices through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public speaking events such as AWS Summit and AWS re: Invent.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Experience working with customers and stakeholders and driving outcomes in a pre-sales capacity
- Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps
- Available for travel up to 25%
- An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Big Data processing, Database, Data Warehousing and Data Sciences
- Deep understanding of data, application, server, and network security
- Experience with Statistics, Machine Learning and Predictive Modelling
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.