- Experience in manual testing
- 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in automation testing
- Help establish the overall Quality practice and process for the Solutions team
- Creation and execution of test plans
- Execution of a set of test cases
- Identifying critical bugs
- Delivering reproducible defect reports that include steps to reproduce, logs, clear description of actual results vs. expected, helpful title / summary
- Gaining knowledge of the features and detailed functional requirements of the work well enough to execute your assigned tests
- Prioritization of own work with help from your manager, operating with limited discretion.
- Keeping team members informed of issues that affect you and escalating concerns promptly and appropriately with limited guidance from your manager or team members.
- Ability to manage directly assigned tasks and on-call duties gracefully
The AWS Solutions Team is looking for a QAE to focus on Solutions Quality using both manual and automated tools. You should be capable of taking on tasks of test case execution from start to completion with minimal help. You are responsible for understanding the solution in detail and updating the test case tool with test execution results. They write and maintain black-box test cases based on well- defined feature requirements, writing tests cases and test plans that are high quality, high value, and maintainable. You also have experience with gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files and reproduce errant product behavior to assist developers or other testers and identify, track, and accurately report defects found. You produce good reproducible defect reports to verify fixed bugs are truly fixed. Develop and execute automated tests and test plans, and have a bias to automate away heavy lifting.
- Sustained coursework, or certificate of completion in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience in a testing role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer-oriented products.
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in delivering a world-class customer experience (ideally in the consumer electronic industry).
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and be able to synthesize the results.
- Meticulous attention to detail; the ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis
- You have experience with Behavioural Based Development tools such as Cucumber.
- 5+ years experience including working with cloudformation templates and the AWS platform.