- 10+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- 10+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, applications, and networking
- 7+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting in customer-facing roles
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required, commensurate modern certifications AWS, Agile, Scrum, SAFe, etc.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
- Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred; MS degree desired
- Extended travel to customer locations may be required to sell and deliver professional services as needed
The Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) Manager is a growth role within the Professional Services umbrella, and is principally oriented around a qualify-deliver-manage model. The CDA Manager is responsible for partnering with a team of Professional Services CDAs and other leaders to dive deep into customer business challenges, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal Professional Services engagement. Thereafter, the CDA Manager remains meaningfully engaged with customers, Amazon teams and project/programs to ensure high-value, predictable and successful delivery.
This role leads other CDAs who are individuals with a unique hybrid of AWS platform expertise and hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a key leader of the Account and Professional Services teams, ensure success in designing, building, optimizing, transforming or otherwise migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS
- Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white papers and proofs of concept
- In partnership with the ProServe leadership and account team, formulate and execute a strategy to accelerate customer outcomes through the adoption of AWS in conjunction with Professional Services engagements
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content amongst the AWS Professional Services community
- Leadership experience architecting/operating SaaS solutions built on AWS
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with Executives, Product Management, developers and business leaders
- Ability to understand and articulate business impact of technical decisions
- Managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
- Delivering Product strategy & consulting services
- Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
- Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications
- Designing, building, and operating SaaS processes, software architectures, software engineering and underlying infrastructures
- A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation