- 2+ years of technical program management experience
- 2+ years of experience partnering effectively with global, geographically dispersed or ad-hoc teams
- 2+ years of experience in technical, financial, business, project management or resource management
- 2+ years of experience writing documents and narratives; experience presenting in executive level meetings
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
To meet the growing demand for Amazon Web Services globally, the AWS Public Sector Workforce Development Team is seeking a dynamic, organized, and experienced Program Manager.
You will lead collaboration with business and technical teams to deliver world-class solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible while maintaining a strong customer focus. You will work with stakeholders and multiple business teams to identify, define, and specify solutions meeting customers' needs. You will work with multiple technical teams globally to deliver those solutions. You will be the face and voice for the project teams and ensure all stakeholders are aware of successes, risks and project status. You will tailor your communications to specific audiences and communicate clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences. You will:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Build and manage project schedules/plans and metrics to support project delivery
- Lead engagement with external partners such as diversity recruiting partners
- Lead monthly and weekly communication mechanisms
- Plan and coordinate global annual and quarterly awards and recognition
- Coordinate internal and external strategic activities and events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Execute and drive the program/project delivery, execution, and adoption across multiple organizations and teams
- Collaborate with project stakeholders in multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver on agreed upon milestones. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs
- Build and maintain integrated reporting for areas of responsibility
- Ability to travel 20-25%
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- PMP Certified
- Prior Experience running virtual events
- Prior Experience in communication and diversity programs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.