- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 7+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years of program management experience in a related industry
The Amazon ML Solutions Lab team innovates with its customers in a fast-paced organization that contributes to game-changing projects and technologies that get deployed on devices and the cloud. As an ML program manager in the AWS ML solutions team, you'll partner with technology and business teams to help our customers deploy ML workloads that surprise and delight them. Your team will be working with petabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems.
We’re looking for a top program manager to coordinate the activities of our scientists’ engagements, designing, evangelizing, and implementing state-of-the-art ML solutions for never-before-solved problems. The successful candidate must have great organization skills and excellent writing skills. S/he will have a demonstrated history of defining mechanisms and establishing new metrics to track and analyze business impact. This position reports to a Sr Program Manager of the ML Solutions Lab and is highly visible at the VP level. It provides a great opportunity for engaging with cross-functional teams to help our customers innovate with leading edge ML solutions.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- Establish new metrics so that the ML Solutions Lab optimizes use of resources and ensures that the team is providing customers with an excellent experience
- Drive new business and product initiatives, championing ideas that move the team’s business forward
- Employ a data driven approach to ensuring the success and outcomes of ML engagements
- Engage with account teams and internal collaborating organizations to maintain and report on ML Solutions Lab metrics
- Provide written summaries to AWS executive leadership on program status
This position may work from home as of April 2020; however, in the future, the position may require travel of up to 25%
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- MBA or related master’s degree
- 2+ years machine learning experience
- 6 months cloud computing experience using publicly available services
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Business understanding of cloud computing as a fundamentally disruptive technical and business strategy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us