- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Economics, or a related discipline
- 2+ years of software product management experience, business development, or management consulting
- 2+ years experience with Lean or Agile Product Development methodologies
Are you passionate about working with data, driven to dive deep, and eager to make broad business impact? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment and enjoy transforming data into actionable recommendations? Are you obsessed about customers and data, and are you looking for an opportunity to combine the two?
The AWS Prescriptive Guidance (APG) team facilitates the creation and publishing of best practices and lessons learned from AWS Professional Services engagements as they help our customers achieve their cloud based business objectives. The AWS Prescriptive Guidance team, located within AWS ProServe, is looking for a Product Manager - Technical with a combination of superior written and verbal communication skills, analytical abilities, and strong business acumen to support the product roadmap for AWS Prescriptive Guidance.
The individual will work closely with engineering, product, marketing, and internal enablement teams to understand customer problems, communicate these through written narratives, prioritize software features, write comprehensive user stories, and perform user acceptance testing.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will:
- Be the customer voice; always work backwards from customers to guide roadmap prioritization decisions
- Produce clear, concise documents such as functional or technical specifications
- Write user stories and perform user acceptance testing
- Drives feature discussions with customers, engineers, and others (e.g., legal, finance)
- Define long-term product strategy by proactively identifying emerging customer needs and looking around corners for business opportunities
- Guide management and engineers with trade-offs between customer benefit and product complexity
- Drive strategic alignment with senior leaders using data and insights through decision narratives and product usage guidance.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed
- Experience in solving complex, quantitative business challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience in presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including senior executives
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Economics, or a related discipline
- Must be able to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities
- Bias for action and experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Attention to detail and end-to-end ownership
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to establish credibility and work with key internal partners to get things done
- Experience presenting to and interacting with senior leaders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.