- 12+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in networking; infrastructure, analytics or database architecture
- Experience in a customer-facing, sales aligned role, presenting to small and large audiences
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Exceptional communicating skills across internal and external organizations
- Technical degree required; Computer Science, Math or Engineering background desired
- Ability to travel, including out of state, up to 35% of the time
We are hiring Solutions Architects to work with top-tier our Startups customers. The Solutions Architect engage with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios, design reliable and cost-effective cloud native architectures. As an Startups Solutions Architect, you will partner with customers, AWS Sales and several other AWS teams to create solutions that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers.
Startups are the large enterprises of the future. These young companies are founded by ambitious people who have a desire to build something meaningful and to challenge the status quo. To address underserved customers, or to challenge incumbents. They usually operate in an environment of scarcity: whether that’s capital, engineering resource, or experience. This is where you come in.
The AWS Startup Solutions Architecture team is dedicated to working with these early stage startup companies as they build their businesses. We’re here to make sure that they can deploy the best, most scalable, and most secure architectures possible – and that they spend as little time and money as possible doing so.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.]
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.]
- Experience working within regulations such as PCI compliance
- Experience with FSI-related applications such as core Insurance and Insurance systems, trading platforms, financial information systems, big data analytics, etc.
- Experience in big data analytics and machine learning applications to financial services 5+ years experience related to cloud technologies
- In addition to broad technical depth expertise in at least one particular domain, and/or platform: DevOps, Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, Serverless computing etc.
- Intermediate or advanced experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Senior leadership role at a startup or 2+ years leading technical sales at C-level
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
- This position is open to candidates on the East Coast