- 10+ year’s design/implementation/consulting experience of large-scale, enterprise applications
- 4+ years’ experience working with multi-national customers in support of technology sales
- Experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development experience, and operational management practices and frameworks
- Technical degree required
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologist who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong leadership skills.
As a Principal Solutions Architect, you will work directly with some of our largest Manufacturing and Industrial customers as a trusted customer advocate to enable Digital innovation through continuous deployment across technology stacks and demonstrate best practices around advanced cloud solutions. You will partner with Sales, Professional Services, and other AWS teams to help our customers craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of our services. You will provide prescriptive guidance across networking, storage, operating systems, virtualization, AI/ML, databases, Big Data, and mid-tier technologies (application integration, security, in-memory caches).
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions and experience leading deep architecture discussions. They are self-starters and must be self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges and have a passion for educating, training, and designing cloud solutions for enterprise customers.
Must be open to travel at least 25-40% including international.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Professional experience in architecting/operating solutions built on AWS is a plus
- Large-scale systems integration experience involving on-premises, public cloud and hybrid cloud environments is a plus
- Exposure to large Industrial and Manufacturing organizations is preferred
- Exposure to Big Data Analytics, Industry 4.0, Robotics, AI/ML, IoT/IIoT is a plus
- Excellent communication skills across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments
- Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us