- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the enterprise and industry markets. Breadth and depth in multiple industry markets and industry ecosystems
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing digital innovation or equivalent consultative-selling role
- Demonstrated experience of business development in enterprise technology
- Demonstrated understanding of public and hybrid cloud platforms, and the technologies customers are using to drive and deliver digital innovation
- Demonstrated experience with training, enablement and accreditation
- BA or equivalent experience
If you are passionate about improving the digital experiences for public sector customers by enabling digital transformation in the government, non-profit and education institutions through innovative application of cloud computing, then please read on. Would you like to help our HHS customers innovate like Amazon – and deliver breakthrough experiences for their end customers? Would you like to pioneer the use of cloud services to help drive innovation? Would you like to be part of building a fast-growing program to worldwide scale? The Worldwide Public Sector Digital Innovation team is looking for technology savvy leaders with experience in Health and Human Services (HHS) who can communicate the value of IT solutions to solve public sector missions.
As a business development manager for Digital Innovation, you will have an exciting opportunity to lead customer engagements and shape and deliver the Digital Innovation program, working with public sector customers, other digital innovation leaders worldwide at AWS, and worldwide program leadership. Your primary responsibility will be to identify, develop, and lead engagements with public sector customers (federal, state, local governments, non-profits, healthcare, and education customers) – engaging line of business and C-suite and other senior leaders. This role will focus on helping customers reimagine how to better deliver essential human services, like access to housing and healthcare.
You will be qualifying opportunities, leading innovation workshops utilizing Amazon mechanisms like Working Backwards, and driving resultant prototypes and scaled solutions so that our customers may realize the value of the journey you will lead them on. In addition, you will build and contribute to the mechanisms for tracking engagement impact for customers and for AWS, and use your experience and customer feedback to continuously improve our engagement model.
You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial technology sales environment, and working with cross functional teams as many parts of the program will have interdependencies with other teams within AWS. Typically cross-functional collaboration includes sales leadership, business development teams, product development teams, solutions architecture, marketing, partners, finance, legal, professional services, and sales enablement.
The right candidate will have experience delivering Digital Innovation programs for enterprise customers, with experience around HHS. This includes demonstrated experience in developing digital innovation opportunities for customers, a proven track record of leading and driving multiple projects to meet customer business objectives, excellent project management skills, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of cloud solutions, and a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with sales leadership to identify and qualify customers for the Digital Innovation program
- Develop C-suite, senior leaders, and line-of-business relationships with leading innovators within customer organizations
- Deliver high quality workshops using Amazonian innovation mechanisms like Working Backwards to identify specific end-customer problems or opportunities and articulate in a press release
- Lead and coordinate translation of those solutions into working cloud prototypes, working with relevant engineering and services teams, and partners where appropriate
- Build value propositions and business cases
- Train & enable local sales teams to help qualify customers, and – in some cases – lead elements of the digital innovation engagement
- Effectively track and articulate the value of engagements underway, and major wins
- Share knowledge effectively across the worldwide digital innovation team
- Help develop and improve the Digital Innovation engagement model based on engagement experience
- Work with the Partner team to identify, engage and enable partners who can accelerate our approach to digital innovation
- Conduct customer briefings, present at customer events, further AWS solutions-led thought leadership in the innovation domain
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us1
- Passion for the public sector, specifically around HHS – deep understanding of how public sector operates and the characteristics of large and global organizations and translating their missions into actionable innovation engagements
- Ability to multitask and manage portfolio of projects - work prioritization, planning, collaboration, and management
- Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams
- Strong business and financial acumen and negotiations skills
- Published thought leadership in digital transformation
- Good working knowledge of AWS Services – especially higher level services that are the focus of customer innovation (AI/ML, IoT, etc.)
- MBA or equivalent
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role