- 10+ years of experience with business development, enterprise sales, or program/product management
- Data analytics experience such as data warehousing, Apache Hadoop, or operational analytics
- Technical and/or bachelor degree required
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from early to later stage start-ups in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
Want to make Analytics history? Come and join the AWS Analytics team – the creators of Amazon Redshift, Amazon EMR, and Amazon Athena. Thousands of customers run managed databases on Amazon’s industry leading cloud computing platform.
As a Specialist within Amazon Web Services, you would be able to shape the future of the Analytics industry and further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space.
You would use your business savvy to drive revenue, develop sales programs and identify new markets and opportunities. You would work directly with the most interesting and demanding Strategic customers to understand their requirements and turn them into reality.
Working hand in hand with our sales teams and solution architects, you would help deliver the finest solutions based on our platform of analytics services. Your in-depth technical background in analytics would help customers understand how to improve their businesses using the right database services. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you build sales enablement tools, evangelize our platform with our enterprise customers, start-ups and valued partners.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Analytics Specialty team focused on helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for data warehousing and big data in the Global Financial Services sector.
- Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
- Execute/create strategicGo-To-Market development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our web services, and that they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- You will be responsible for selling AWS Analytics solutions into a portfolio of accounts within the Global Financial Services.
- Experience with customer facing roles (Enterprise/Strategic) and account management and solution selling ability.
- Experience selling, positioning, architecting and utilizing technologies like Amazon Redshift, Azure Synapse, SAP EDW, Oracle Exadata, Snowflake, Teradata, Netezza or similar.
- MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Manhattan, NY.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.