- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years of experience in public relations, corporate communications, or public affairs
Are you a public relations expert with a passion for technology and storytelling? AWS is powering the world’s leading healthcare, life sciences, and genomics organizations, including Cerner, Philips, Novartis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Moderna; helping them to transform, innovate, and deliver richer customer engagements and experiences globally. The Amazon Web Services Industries PR team is looking for an experienced PR Manager who will be primarily responsible for executing high-impact, proactive, and integrated public relations campaigns that showcase how leading healthcare, life sciences, and genomics companies are innovating with AWS.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing multifaceted proactive and news-cycle driven media relations campaigns. They should have in-depth media relations expertise, including but not limited to securing top tier, tech, and industry trade press opportunities, driving influential stories from beginning to end, executing event strategies, engaging non-traditional and traditional influencers, and working with customers to develop compelling and insightful storylines.
A strong candidate for this position understands technology and is able to execute high-impact and creative PR plans working across multiple teams with sometimes competing stakeholders resulting in a steady cadence of coverage, influencer conversations, press engagement, and awareness of cloud computing’s transformational impact in healthcare, life sciences, and genomics. An AWS PR Manager works as a trusted partner with the AWS industry business and collaborates with the AWS global PR/AR team, marketing teams, public policy, and business leaders to execute communication strategy and plans, while ensuring AWS is telling the most impactful stories with our customers. The ideal candidate is motivated by Amazon’s culture of innovation and collaboration where the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices is welcome. In this role, the candidate will have an opportunity to support creative programs that are worthy of a company that continues to pioneer the cloud.
The role can be based in Arlington, VA (HQ2), Seattle, WA or New York City and will require travel.
Since 2006, AWS has changed the way that companies acquire and use technology by providing a highly-scalable, cost-effective, and flexible technology platform in the cloud. AWS is growing rapidly in the U.S. and around the world with customers ranging from startups to Fortune 500 corporations.
Part of your professional responsibilities will be:
- Creating and executing proactive, creative, and integrated PR campaigns that align with a pioneering technology business
- Drafting and executing detailed plans that align resources and create a cadence of PR opportunities elevating the AWS story with reporters covering healthcare, life sciences, and genomics internationally
- Managing complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionalism
- Curating and managing relationships with reporters and influencers across healthcare, life sciences, and genomics industries
- Developing stories with healthcare, life sciences, and genomics customers and partners about their journey to the AWS Cloud
- Developing and successfully managing relationships with customer PR teams, top tier business, tech, and healthcare, life sciences, and genomics reporters
- Crafting compelling content and market-ready messaging
- Leading media programs around AWS owned and third party-events
- Managing PR agencies
- An entrepreneurial spirit, including ability to work independently and autonomously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and organizational skills, while also staying on top of tactical execution
- Fluent in spoken and written business English
- Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of technology, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
- Experience storytelling with and understanding of the technologies enabling innovation in healthcare
- Analytical, data-driven, evidence-based - but creative and adaptive in developing solutions
- Passionate about excellence in writing and verbal communications
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Strong judgement, a knack for diplomacy, experience with communications project management with multiple stakeholders, and the confidence to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.