- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, business, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of IT professional services experience with 5+ years of Professional Services portfolio strategy and consulting experience.
- 7+ years Program Management /Engagement Management experience leading other project managers to deliver a program with multiple and concurrent projects.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver service products and projects on tight deadlines.
- Minimum leadership experience managing technical projects consisting of 10 or more people totaling over $2.5M budget.
- Understands the value proposition of the public cloud and has managed a cloud migration engagement (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Has presented to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.) as well as to technical subject matter experts.
- Managed multiple and concurrent projects/customers.
AWS Professional Services (ProServe) consultants help the world’s largest enterprises achieve breakthrough business results by leveraging the AWS platform. They collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability. They enable customers to migrate existing systems and build new systems using the full range of AWS services.
As we continue to enable our customers’ success, we are looking for an experienced Portfolio Manager who will support developing the long-term vision and direction for an Area’s portfolio across various engagements and standards for delivery excellence in collaboration with ProServe Customer Practice Managers, Engagement Managers, Customer Delivery Architects, and Commercial Sales teams. You must be comfortable working with the external and internal customers to understand their needs. A successful candidate will be able to work effectively in a matrixed organization and adept at managing multiple work streams at the same time to build repeatable and scalable processes for projects and programs.
The primary focus of this role is on:
1. providing oversight across the Portfolio of Customer engagements for the Area 2. Assisting with the Sales to Delivery transition with the following accountabilities:
- Be a single threaded leader for the Customer Engagement Health (CEH) mechanism;
- Establish appropriate governance rhythm while contributing to continuous improvements of engagement health, delivery frameworks, and other corresponding mechanisms.
- Establish area best practices to ensure consistency in SOW development (to include SOW Amendments, Extensions, Resource Escalations);
- Support operational and Delivery Quality Excellence with templates, playbooks and mechanisms (Engagement Health Indicators (EHI); SFDC quality; Deal Quality Reviews (DQRs);
- Provide guidance, advisory, oversight, and support to the project delivery teams ensuring delivery aspects are handled to ProServe standards;
- Manage the portfolio and create scale, be a force multiplier across the portfolio and work through the EMs to ensure a level of consistency and a level of best practices that an Area Leader can rely on.
- Provide insights to an Area Leader and SPM/CPMs on change orders and work at risk issues;
- May own and lead troubled engagement turnaround plans as necessary;
- Act as the customer reference champion and increase the number of Customer References for the area;
- Support status reporting at the individual and area levels for customer engagements, including engagement remediation to maintain Green health status;
- Participate in Deal Quality (DQ) reviews, help enhance delivery quality and ensure adherence to project and program controls, governance and best practices;
- Curate and grow the pool of reusable assets and mechanisms that result from the area’s delivered engagements;
- Work closely with sales to support and influence the growth of ProServe KPIs and customer business outcomes.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Managed and delivered IT engagements for a Fortune 100 and/or Fortune 500 Company
- Experience delivering professional services in a high growth environment
- Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with AWS and Enterprise IT infrastructure
- Has presented to and influenced C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.)
- Ability to motivate, influence and optimize senior leadership, stakeholders, and peer groups, while influencing and driving enterprise-scale portfolios or programs in large, complex business and technical organizations.
- Has two or more active Agile and Project Management certifications, with at least one being an Agile certification (e.g., PMP, PMI, SAFe, Agile, scrum, etc.)