- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Engineering or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in divisional Sales Operations, Sales Excellence, Sales Finance or similar function for a fast-paced sales organization
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Advanced written communication skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
- Proven prioritization skills, including driving multiple initiatives at the same time
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Sales or Business Operations, BD or Finance, including financial modeling, opportunity & pipeline forecasting.
- 5+ years driving operational improvements in a Partner or Sales Operations function for a high growth B2B tech company.
- Demonstrated skills for developing standard operating procedures, processes, policies and build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Proven project management ability that demonstrates organizational and problem solving skills that lead to a successful conclusion
- Experience working with partners and alliances
- Experience in cross functional project management, mid to large scale organizations
- Must exhibit ownership and drive– this is a hands-on role.
- Relevant technology industry experience
Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure. Within AWS, the Partner Development function is responsible for the development and management of APN Consulting Partners. The group acts as a single point of contact for partner under management and the overall success of those partners with AWS.
The Worldwide Systems Integrator team is seeking an experienced Sales Strategy & Operations professional to help define, land and execute against the organization’s strategic projects and priorities. The candidate will have the experience to understand our partner’s business, how they run profitable businesses, drive growth and serve AWS customers. The global partner landscape includes systems integrators, VAR’s, and Distributors of AWS. The candidate will work with other teams we are interlocked with, such as AWS ProServe, field sales, the finance team, and sales program owners. You will help identify challenges, define solutions, and execute projects with these other groups to overcome challenges through repeatable processes and tools. At AWS, we write. We rarely use presentations, so the candidate must be influential through powerful writing and editing skills, excellent communication with senior management, and be able to work cross-organizationally. The individual will help us automate manual processes, continuously improve internal controls, while driving alignment and relationship building across AWS. The ability and passion to crunch data with dashboards, spreadsheets, and even SQL code would be a strong benefit.
The successful candidate will have a keen sense of ownership and grit, a passion for diving deep into the details and data, and will know how to drive results. The candidate will not consider themselves a visionary leader who doesn’t like to get their hands dirty with the details. This is a hands-on role; a successful candidate must be willing and eager to “roll up their sleeves”.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the Projects and Program Manager for the Worldwide SI Mgt. organization, ensuring all of our projects and initiatives are prioritized and moving forward.
- Personally serve as the Project Lead for many of our projects and programs, often under tight deadlines.
- Liaison with AWS field, partners, and leadership to invent and simplify existing processes for scalability and repeatability, drive automation and continuous improvement.
- Build new/improve existing tools, data reporting and processes.
- Sourcing, analyzing, and reporting quantitative data; perform ad-hoc analyses.
- Drive evolution and enhancement of operations tools and processes – energetically contribute to the ongoing evolution of the AWS partner and sales systems, tools and process roadmap discussions with the broader Operations team.
- Serve on working groups or lead work streams aimed at automation and enhancement of your immediate and broader business processes.
- Develop new ideas and creative solutions.
- Quickly build credibility and trust with internal customers.
- Work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
- MBA, Finance, or similarly relevant advanced degree
- Experience in cloud consumption infrastructure business such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- 15+ years of impacting a divisional Sales Operations, Sales Excellence, Sales Strategy or Sales Finance functions for a fast-paced sales organization
- Expertise in SQL or a background in Data Analytics or Data Science
- Expertise in SFDC or similar CRM Solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us