- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field
- Highly organized with multi-tasking skills; able to change direction quickly, prioritize and lead through both ambiguity and constant change
- Aptitude to engage and influence senior decision makers
- Verbal and Amazon bar-raising written communications competencies
Senior Business Operations Manager
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is seeking an experienced, self-directed, detailed oriented Business Operations Manager with strong project management, organizational, collaboration and communication skills to support the business and reporting rhythms within the Americas Partner Organization. This is a high business impact role for a candidate who is passionate about taking ownership of managing multiple complex projects in a fast-paced environment, reporting and tracking to project completion and at times, stepping up to contribute/author well-structured reporting documents using a data-first approach to articulate business impact to our stakeholders, leadership and customers.
You are strategic, requires little oversight, and is independent. This professional should be able to work across cross-functional teams in a productive and professional manner and can work through ambiguity and most blockers without a high degree of escalation. They should look to solve root causes of problems and innovate to develop processes and frameworks that scale with the business. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and skilled at working cross-functionally with a variety of internal stakeholders and able to multi-task. This is a hands-on role; a successful candidate must be willing and eager to “roll up their sleeves”.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Establish business rhythm and cadence, and lead meetings through deliverables, outcomes and actions. Own agenda development, track follow-up actions and influence leaders to complete forward looking business reporting mechanisms.
- Serve as the primary lead for weekly, monthly, annual and long-range business planning, reporting and support, including but not limited too; Weekly Staff Meetings, Monthly Business Reviews (MBRs/WBRs), Monthly Metrics Reviews (MMRs), Operating Plan (OP1 and OP2), Goals, Operating Strategy, and others as they arise. May also be asked to contribute or author such documents/plans.
- Be a business partner to leadership team, providing insights to help shape the strategy of the business, and strategic guidance in best practices of business operations influencing peers and cross functional teams.
- Work closely with Strategy & Operations team and Communications lead on talk track of staff meetings, All-Hands Calls and provide insights (content) to weekly internal newsletters and monthly leadership communications on the impact of partner and how/what we are contributing to success of Americas Sales. Also, work and assist with our Strategy leads on any project management of key initiatives as needed.
- Act as the practice point of contact to triage inquiries and serve as secondary escalation.
- Maintain and author reporting processes and business rhythms to cross functional teams, team wikis and presentations as needed to support the business.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Sales Operations background in a cloud computing environment
- Experience working with partners (Consulting, Channel, ISVs)
- Experience leading business reviews across large multi-faceted organizations and multi-cultural teams across countries
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Open to any AWS location in the US
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records