- 10+ years of relevant work experience in Partner Marketing, Marketing Communications and/or high-technology Product Marketing
- 5+ years experience working with B2B partners developing marketing strategy and business plans
- 5+ years experience working with large, Enterprise-wide technology companies
- 5+ years experience selling or marketing to the Federal government (e.g., Federal Government, DoD, National Security/IC)
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, Technology, or other relevant field of study or equivalent experience
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is seeking a talented, self-directed senior marketing professional to drive awareness and customer adoption of AWS’s cloud solutions to/with/through U.S. Federal Partners. The primary objective is to collaborate with marketing resources from our U.S. Public Sector Partners such as System Integrators, Federally Funded Research and Development Centers, Architecture Design and Engineering Companies and emerging Independent Software Vendors to achieve business objectives.
You will work both strategically and tactically and use your analytical experience to create joint marketing programs with Federal partners to drive sales and manage partner MDF programs. If you have a passion for the cloud, enjoy collaborating with technology partners, able to help them to reach their full potential, and are an expert in designing and implementing joint marketing plans with Federal Partners, then we are looking for you.
In this role, you will develop marketing strategies to deliver joint partner marketing plans that enable Federal partners to acquire new customers, retain and grow existing customers and deliver growth in revenue from AWS services. You will develop a deep understanding of the AWS partner ecosystem and Federal priorities to define and execute marketing plans with U.S. Federal partners to support growth objectives. You will work closely with top AWS partners to develop and execute best-in-class joint- marketing plans. You will act as a primary marketing contact for the Federal Partner organization and regularly participate in team calls, in-person meetings (when possible) and planning sessions. You will also act as the primary marketing contact and consultant for strategic Federal partners to build and execute joint marketing plans and programs. You will constantly monitor and support partner utilization of MDF and enable appropriate spend of MDF on marketing initiatives as well as serve as an expert resource on process, guidelines and options for the partners.
This person will collaborate with the broader marketing organization (events, digital, content, product marketing) to oversee successful execution of all Federal partner marketing activities. Successful candidates must be able to recognize the needs of this specialized market segments and use this understanding to create joint marketing plans with partners in alignment with business objectives for Federal sales and Partner Alliance leaders.
Position will be located in an Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office based in the following locations: Seattle, WA (HQ); Arlington, VA (HQ2); Palo Alto, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Diego, CA; Santa Barbara, CA; Santa Cruz, CA; Portland, OR; Phoenix, AZ; Las Vegas, NV; Salt Lake City, UT; Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Washington, DC; New York, NY; Jersey City, NJ; Pittsburgh, PA; Boston, MA; Nashville, TN; Charlotte, NC; Atlanta, GA; only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute best-in-class marketing strategy and plans to drive awareness, leads, customer adoption, and usage of the AWS platform through Federal Partners.
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns for to-, with- and through-partner execution.
- Create innovative programs to scale efforts to support the US Public Sector ecosystem of partners selling within the Federal market.
- Be a successful business collaborator to Partner Development /Partner Alliance Leaders for SI and Solutions partners, the Federal Sales lead and broader sales and technical teams
- Deliver clear, concise content for partner demand and lead generation activities and social media.
- Stay up to date on current trends and customer insights in the federal government
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
For more information our Public Sector business, please visit:
- MBA preferred
- Experience selling or marketing to Federal agencies, Department of Defense, Civilian, National Security agencies
- Demonstrated ability to create innovative and targeted marketing programs that generate results
- Success in managing complex and multi-faceted marketing programs with the ability to drive projects through completion
- Ability to develop best-in-class marketing assets and execute marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
- Superior presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to travel in the US and abroad as necessary to execute marketing initiatives (~15%)
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.