- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of project management experience
- Program and project management expertise; experience operationalizing and scaling programs
Amazon Web Services is seeking a VMware Cloud on AWS Partner Development Manager in Northern California to collaborate with VMware and AWS stakeholders to implement, measure, and iterate on key global VMware Cloud on AWS programs and initiatives. This is a position of high impact and visibility which requires an important mix of strategic understanding of the business with tactical execution, and strong executive communication.
The successful candidate is well-versed in program/project management, organizational change management, and is able to manage critical initiatives to successful execution. The VMware Cloud on AWS Partner Development Manager must be agile and flexible while working in a fast-paced environment, have the ability to earn trust through performance and relationship building, and be skilled at communicating with and influencing stakeholders across all levels of the organization. 20% travel expected.
- Partner with VMware and AWS stakeholders to identify, define, and establish metrics for programs and initiatives that align to VMware Cloud on AWS business objectives and priorities
- Effectively lead and manage implementation of strategic programs and initiatives; execute goals through well-defined project plans
- In collaboration with VMware, track and monitor progress against defined key performance indicators and success metrics, and report on program status against stated objectives
- Develop program materials, project playbooks, templates, documentation, and other assets as required
- Conduct program post-mortems, capture lessons learned, and continuously iterate and improve program management practices and approaches for increased productivity and future planning purposes
- Influence decision-making and priorities through data driven recommendations
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Proven oral and written communication skills, including experience briefing senior executives
- Demonstrated analytical skills with strengths in analyzing and reporting
- Experience with program management methodologies, including formal qualification in project or program management
- Proven success in building and improving global operations processes
- Demonstrable organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively across diverse teams and groups to establish and accomplish unified goals and initiatives
- Proven track record of consistently delivering results in fast-paced and ever-changing environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records