- 10-15 years of strategic business development, technical and solution sales, and/or product management experience within the telecom segment working with Telecom Operators and solution providers.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in Edge computing and is looking for a world class candidate to manage the strategic alliance focusing on 5G and Edge Cloud with Telecom Communications Service Providers (CSP). Your job will be to build and develop partnerships with CSPs and ecosystem of Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) to achieve the strategic objective of monetization using 5G Edge Cloud.
Responsibilities will include creating and driving executive level and field relationships with major Communications Service Providers and with the AWS sales field, guiding the development and launch of joint solutions, and executing joint GTM plans globally. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day partner interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption.
If you are you energized by the prospect of how edge computing is transforming 5G and the cloud and want to become part of the journey where new innovative 5G Use Cases will be developed and taken to the market, this is the role for you. Working closely with product, technical and field leaders of AWS and CSP partner, you will be responsible for defining, building, and implementing a go to market program to build and scale 5G Edge solutions.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a business development background that enables them to manage joint GTM efforts. This person should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in the telecoms industry. Ability to build and convey compelling value propositions for the jointly developed solutions is a must. You will also bring strong experience managing projects and programs, implementing governance, leading cross-functional teams, developing/implementing enablement materials, and driving change. You will bring strengths in continuous improvement, breakthrough thinking, and play a significant role in building a new business in an emerging space. The position requires a strong technical acumen and deep familiarity with (1) telecom service provider environment, (2) cloud and datacenter/hosting infrastructure business in a major global service provider, and (3) 5G enabled consumer and enterprise use-cases that require ultra-low latency like machine learning inference at the edge, autonomous industrial equipment, smart cars and cities, Internet of Things (IoT), and Augmented and Virtual Reality etc. Additionally, the position will require strong commercial understanding of the business models of telecom Service providers such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, BT, Telefonica etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop a portfolio of 5G Edge use cases and applications in partnership with CSPs & ISVs.
- Work with multiple sales and technical teams within AWS, Tier1 CSPs and ISVs to define and execute joint technology, marketing and sales initiatives.
- Serve as a key member of the AWS technology alliance and solutions team focused on 5G within Telecommunications segment, to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy.
- Engage Communication Service Provider’s field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
- Ensure that there is a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction. This includes the creation of detailed account plans to track partner progress and achievement to goals.
- Set and manage revenue targets and work with your team, each partner and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
- Create and execute the team's business plan with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify joint customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition in 5G using AWS.
- Understand the technical/business requirements of each telco service provider’s 5G strategy and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of our product offerings with individual technology solution providers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Manage complex negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
Create and execute operational rigor including territory management, account management, segment plans, and business reviews (internal/external).
- MBA or an equivalent Full Time Masters Program
- Global alliances and/or Product Management P&L experience
- Knowledge of AWS services
- Knowledge of telecom infrastructure and enterprise digital transformation products and services landscape