- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience working in Professional Services Operations, Finance Operations, or Partner Operations capacity
- Intermediate skills in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookups and Charts)
- Experience with Salesforce, Professional Services Automation (PSA) inputting, extracting and analyzing data.
- Experience developing business reports that help a professional services organization operate smoothly, with insights that will meet the needs of other business partners (Finance, Sales Operations, Tax, etc.)
- Experience working in a horizontal or matrixed business.
Amazon Web Services is seeking an experienced, self-directed Operations Manager to support the Partner operations of our fast growing Professional Services practice. This is a unique opportunity that will provide hands on experience in Partner operations and drive high-impact, scalable solutions ultimately accelerating our enterprise customer’s journey to the cloud.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with millions of customers in over 190 countries. Many of these customers seek help from AWS Professional Services in their journey to a cloud-based IT operating model.
The successful candidate will be managing the day-to-day operations related to partner subcontracting, procurement, and invoicing. Specific responsibilities will include subcontracting policy governance, support field with creating subcontracting agreements, tracking and processing partner subcontracting requests, onboarding new partner vendors, managing project financials, preparing and supporting the monthly partner revenue and accrual process, troubleshooting ad-hoc issues, and reporting program metrics to business stakeholders. Additional responsibilities will include automating processes and creating system enhancement to drive efficiency for operations, internal stakeholders, and partners.
This is the right role for someone with Business Operations experience with effective stakeholder management skills, strong communication skills, and experience in influencing change in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment. The position will be located in Seattle, WA. Up to 20% travel expected.
- Project accounting; ensure complete and accurate project set up in project accounting system consistent with the contract statement of work for all projects. Drive timely entry of resource time and expenses.
- Billing/Invoicing/Collections; Ensure billing, accounting and receivables teams all get accurate data to track revenue, expense accruals, and collections.
- Monthly metrics reporting; collaborate with practice managers and the sales operations teams to track and report all key performance indicators against annual, quarterly and monthly goals, by region. Refresh appropriate management dashboards, regional reports and executive review documents.
- Support field in executing operationally sound and customer-obsessed engagements.
- Manage queue that you are responsible for (internal inquiries, purchase orders, invoices, disbursement etc.), adhering to SLA to ensure excellent partner experience
- Onboard new vendors and maintain existing vendors via our internal system.
- Drive timely entry of subcontracting resource time and expenses.
- Maintain communication with vendors & partner subcontractors regarding payment process and status.
- Proactively identify and implement operational improvements and enhancements that meet business requirements.
- Communicate daily with cross functional teams including Sales, Legal, Operations, and all levels of management.
- 3+ years of experience managing subcontracting operations within a professional services or staffing organization
- Experience with creating and reviewing Statement of Work agreements
- Experience with IT staffing and working with vendor Management Systems (VMS)
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and effective stakeholder management skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.