- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 12+ years of healthcare domain knowledge and technical expertise, including clinical, analytical and patient care delivery systems.
- 12+ years of experience leading business development, services delivery, change management, and/or large scale consulting projects.
- Business development or consulting background and/or direct experience working within healthcare industry customers – especially health systems and other providers at the CxO/VP level – engaging, advising, and creating value for customers.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to all levels of technical and non-technical leadership internally and for external organizations
For over 14 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world’s most comprehensive, secure, reliable, and broadly adopted Cloud platform. AWS offers over 200 fully featured Cloud services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, robotics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, security, hybrid, virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR), media, and application development, deployment, and management from 60 Availability Zones (AZs) within 20 geographic regions, spanning the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Sweden, and the UK. AWS services are trusted by millions of active customers around the world -- including the largest enterprises with the most sensitive and private data, leading government agencies in intelligence, healthcare, and financial services, and the fastest growing start-ups -- to power their infrastructure, make them more agile, more secure, more reliable, and more cost effective. To learn more about AWS, visit https://aws.amazon.com.
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across the healthcare provider market? Within AWS Public Sector, the Non-Profit Healthcare is a rapidly growing, mission-driven business that is obsessed about serving the healthcare provider customers. We are seeking an experienced Business and Customer Development Lead to work with a handful of the largest and most innovative healthcare customers. The Business and Customer Development Lead operates within the AWS account team with a focus on execution. They combine business knowledge, project management expertise, and technical acumen to clear roadblocks and deliver solutions that accelerate the adoption journey for the customer. Our most strategic customers embarking on multi-year migration and adoption efforts need dedicated support to drive innovation ensure they successfully achieve their goals. You will execute upon a CXO relationship strategy within accounts, including working with the AWS NP Healthcare leadership team to develop executive business reviews, create and execute go-to-market opportunities, design and implement scalable mechanisms to meet customer-specific needs, develop sales plays and high value internal tools, and serve as an important contributor to a broader mission-driven team driving success with our healthcare customers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Roles and Responsibilities
Business and Customer Development Lead engages with strategic customers on a daily basis to establish transparency, develop deep relationships within the account, and become a trusted advisor within their respective customers. They work to understand their customers’ goals, predict the necessary actions needed to meet them, and drive activities toward completion. They engage directly with customers and help them realize the immense benefits derived through adopting and migrating to cloud technologies and services. This role is focused on initiating and developing deep relationships of unparalleled trust at all levels of the customer – both technical and non-technical – and serving as an advisor, problem-solver, executor on key initiatives to accelerate the customer cloud journey, maximize customer value, deliver a frictionless experience, ensure our customers capture the full potential and sustainable business advantages of AWS cloud, and build a flywheel of trust that continuously grows our relationship and engagement with the customer.
A successful candidate must possess the ability to think critically, be self-motivated, and deal with large amounts of ambiguity. You should bring a cool head, solid business, operational, and technical background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary communicator. You will leverage this unique skill set to influence your team’s decisions and help deliver secure and robust customer solutions. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and love contributing to a team goal.
The Business and Customer Development Lead will collaborate with AWS NP Healthcare account teams to provide account management, sales and go-to-market support, and post-sale implementation, driving success for the customers and our business. S/he may manage the creation and delivery of customized training, education programs, workshops, deep dives, and immersion days to drive deeper understanding of AWS services to increase adoption and pace of migration throughout all levels of customer organizations.
This individual will create strong, clear, and compelling written and oral communication materials that drive our sales plays and customer growth strategies based on strategic sales initiatives identified by NP Healthcare leadership. S/he will set goals; schedule and sequence project activities across all AWS teams; monitor, manage, and report on all project activities and deliverables; develop and use KPIs to measure success; assess risks and anticipate bottlenecks; provide critical issue management; and balance trade-offs for projects. This individual will capture and prioritize customer’s feature requests, highlighting those that impact the customer’s business and block adoption efforts. S/he will be part program manager, solution designer, implementation lead, business development and sales driver, and “best available athlete” to address special projects impacting our customers and our business as requested by the General Manager.
- MBA or advanced degree in medicine, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or measurement science or equivalent is preferred
- Leadership skills are key; exemplary verbal and written communication skills, proven ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, and lead through influence.
- CxO relationships and large network in the healthcare provider industry, especially health systems.
- Ability work under pressure; manage high levels of ambiguity with efficiency, positive outlook, and purpose; and meet deadlines on time.
- Strong knowledge base of healthcare industry trends and innovative technology services to support industry transformation, such as advanced analytics, machine learning and data science.
- Solid understanding of legacy and emerging technologies in the healthcare industry
- Strong ability to manage and/or lead by influence a broader team for the benefit of our most important customers
- Analytical and data-driven, and ability to demonstrate balanced strategy and planning, and execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
- Previous experience with AWS products and services
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us