- 6+ years of experience with localization and/or QA processes and best practices
- 5+ years managing a team of 5+ employees
- 3+ years of global certification exam experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of equivalent work experience
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
To meet the growing demand for AWS around the globe, we are seeking an innovative, driven, and experienced manager to join the AWS T&C Team. In this role, your passion for certification localization and quality assurance (QA) will be used to develop, lead, and inspire a team of Localization and QA Program Managers who are creating world-class technical certification exams to be delivered globally in multiple modalities and languages.
You will align with stakeholders on complex projects and work with managers to refine goals and metrics. As part of this team, you will be responsible for supporting localization and QA initiatives to expand the landscape for global exam delivery. Successful candidates will have experience in exam localization and quality assurance, be detail oriented, have excellent writing skills, and be a problem solver. You will have knowledge of localization lifecycles and best practices for quality assurance testing. You will also need to be capable of seeing insights in data, and be adept at reporting and overseeing automation of repeated processes.
You will work closely with a broad team of certification exam program managers in exam development, publishing, delivery, product management, and the greater AWS T&C localization teams to support ongoing exam localization and QA. You will creatively seek out and embrace forward-looking, innovative approaches to localization and QA that hone efficiency and enhance quality.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Guide and manage a team of remote localization and QA staff
- Oversee localization vendors, including quote, PO, and invoice management
- Manage, refine, and audit processes and documentation
- Gather and report voice-of-the-customer (VOC) feedback to improve localization
- Work with team to improve and build QA test cases as program needs evolve
- Coordinate cross-functional resources to review project deliverables and ensure completion
- Communicate and manage localization schedules internally
- Track and report on localization vendor metrics and performance
- Perform quality assurance testing on localization content and certification exams
- Oversee localization vendor contract instantiation and management, and report on vendor adherence to contracts
- Facilitate phone meetings with localization vendors as required
- Periodically evaluate localization vendor competitive landscape and offer suggestions for vendor performance improvement
- Assist with localization and QA initiatives and reporting
- Detailed planning, time management and organizational skills with extremely high attention to detail
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Please note that this role may require up to 15% travel.
This role can be performed near any US AWS office in the following cities: Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Ballston, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, or Santa Monica.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $108,600 - $160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
- High-stakes exam localization experience
- High-stakes exam QA experience
- Project management experience
- IT certification experience
- Experience with exam development practices
- Experience with linear-on-the-fly test delivery
- Business Analysis (BA) certification or experience
- Experience working with multiple item banking systems and assessment delivery platforms
- Experience managing complex and multi-faceted programs with the ability to drive projects through completion
- Ability to communicate effectively across a multitude of platforms with remote team members and stakeholders at multiple levels within the organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and comfortable presenting in large groups including senior management
- A proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects
- Adept problem solver with strong judgment and decision-making skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.