- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or 10+ year’s work experience in technical role in lieu of no Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years managing technical, enterprise customer facing resources.
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, networking, and data management/analytics.
- 10+ years of experience in software design, implementation, or consulting in the field of distributed applications.
Would you like to lead a team of Specialized Solution Architcts that is transforming how customers and partners use cloud computing services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We have 14 leadership principles that help guide us in our every-day decision making process. We believe they are a clearer articulation of those things that have always been a part of what makes Amazon great – things that we must consciously hold on to in fulfilling our mission to be Earth’s Most Customer Centric Company. We are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy and happy lives. Learn more about life at Amazon. It is always Day One.
We're looking for a Sr. Manager to lead a team of solutions architects to work with customers learning and introducing new technologies in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new solutions. The successful candidate must have great people management, mentoring, and hiring skills. In addition, you will be responsible for running the program, including creating metrics and mechanisms in order to track the success of this initiative.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technologies in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new solutions. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS, including services teams, field solutions architecture, sales, marketing, business development, and professional services. You will appropriately recognize, reward and represent your team to executive management. You should be passionate about helping companies/partners understand best practices for operating on AWS.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud solutions experts for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Have a strong understanding of emerging technology solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of Solutions Architects. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
- In partnership with sales teams and other service stakeholders, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed adoption and revenue objectives
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects
- Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
- Step into a Solutions Architect role when required to support our customer base
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
- Commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture where all Amazonians and customers are able to participate fully, and enjoy respect and dignity
- MBA/Technical Master's Degree
- Exceptional people-management skills; able to inspire and foster the right behaviors in others through leading by example (Player/Coach)
- Experience working with new product/service development teams
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Experience deploying large-scale production quality systems
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, developers, and at large events
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives (e.g. CEO, CIO, CTO)
- Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
- Strategic problem solving and collaboration skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization (leveraging multiple functions and teams)
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Achieved Associate and/or Professional AWS certifications
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Herndon, VA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.