- 3+ years’ experience as localization or translation project leader, including experience creating new programs
- Advanced, in-depth knowledge of internationalization and localization
- Experience building language quality scorecards
- Fluency in any of the following languages: Japanese, Korean, S. Chinese, T. Chinese, Indonesian, German, French, Spanish, Italian, B. Portuguese, Arabic, Hebrew, Russian, or Turkish.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years' equivalent experience
Today, Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. These organizations need individuals with cloud skills to help transform their business. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud IT skills and careers. You are someone who will roll up your sleeves, dive deep, learn the business, and have experience with localization methods, processes, and tools.
We need an experienced Localization Quality Specialist to mature and scale localization capabilities and provide customers the right experience in their native language. The role sits within the T&C Localization team and is responsible to deploy mechanisms to raise the bar on localization quality, serving as a liaison between our internal and external stakeholders, and partnering across the Training and Certification organization looking to optimize methods and timelines, ensuring we are delivering top-notch localization experiences in each language we support. The ideal candidate has a passion for training and education, be data-driven and have a strong understanding of KPIs, who can demonstrate teamwork, relationship building, and delivering results.
- Audit, review and bar raise quality of training and marketing content in assigned languages
- Monitor external vendor quality and investigate quality variation, ensuring best in class content in assigned languages
- Provide feedback and linguistic coaching to external vendors
- Identify and pursue quality improvement initiatives in collaboration with other internal teams
- Responsible for and manage language quality and maintenance of associated assets
- Create and maintain glossaries, style guides, and translation memories for assigned languages
- Take part in vendor arbitration discussions and act as a linguistic consultant for vendor queries
- Maintain Amazon brand and product localization standards
- Collaborate with corporate and international internal partners to understand and address localization pain points
- Work with partners to improve translation methods and measure cycle times
This role can be performed near any US AWS office in the following cities: Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Ballston, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, or Santa Monica.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $68,600 - $120,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
- Experience building language quality reports and dashboards
- Experience with AWS branding and terminology
- Experience with curriculum development processes and modular courseware development
- Excellent English-language communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and in a fast-paced environment
- Proven abilities in stakeholder management, project planning, resource and risk management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.